Limb wear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

halfczech

Limb wear

Post by halfczech »

After reading about how the new matrix limbs last longer. I am wondering how long limbs last? I have a year old vortex that I unstring in the off season and then string and shoot approximatly 20 arrows a week to get ready for huntings season. How long should my limbs last and how will I know they are worn out? As you can tell by my questions I am new to crossbows, first year.
Normous

Re: Limb wear

Post by Normous »

Excalibur limbs don't wear out. Extreme heat and dry fires can damage them. They will last a lifetime when not abused.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
rej

Re: Limb wear

Post by rej »

Since May 2012 I have put < > 2000 shots on the Vortex. The only wear visible is the camo finish in the groove for rope cocking aid is worn away. I have cotton balled the limbs a number of times and nothing. Decided to shoot it in
-27C weather. Put the xbow outside for 15 min. then checked all machine screws for loosness due to contraction. Nothing. Didn't hear anything when I cocked it. Fired 3 groups of 3 arrows. All were OC but about 2" low. distance was 35 yd. Brought the xbow back in and let it warm up and checked everything again. Nothing. I would not worry about your limbs any time soon if you do regular checks and maintenance. The Excalibur xbow is and has rightfully earned it's reputation as the best, period.