Info on Tac Pak

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masonbulldog

Info on Tac Pak

Post by Masonbulldog »

Last spring I purchased an Eclipse XT. Shortly after, I purchased the Tac Pak. I cannot find currently on Excalibur website, anything at all about the Tac Pak. I called Excalibur and talked w/Dawn, who could only advise me to email my questions under contacting Excalibur. That's been a week or so ago and I've not received any response. My questions are: I remember when ordering the Tac Pak, photos and text showing either a video cam or range finders on the Tac Pak's 3rd rail. How do these devises mount to the rail? Anyone done this? Any recommendations as to brands of video cam or range finder for such use?
copperjohn

Re: Info on Tac Pak

Post by copperjohn »

Heres a video where the guy puts a contour camera on the tac pac. Looks like it has its own mounting hardware that attaches to the pic rail then you slide the cam on top. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfG2QpBrYbo
Masonbulldog

Post by Masonbulldog »

Thanks John. Helps for the cam. Still wondering tho about a rangefinder, what I am really interested in. For those times when I may hunt in an unfamiliar environment. Mounting both would be awesome.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I ended up with a Tac pac that came with a crankaroo I purchased. I really like the grip that comes with it as it really pulls it in close to the shoulder. It has a three sided rail that you could use for other items similar to a AR 15. I am sure you could add a range finder to the mix but as it is on the far end I am not sure how you would look through it. If it would fit on the standard scope mount then I think you would be in business with a range finder but as it is I think the tac pac mount is better suited for flashlights, cameras and the pistol grip.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em