UK target shooting.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cowslip

UK target shooting.

Post by Cowslip »

Hi all.
Over here in the UK we can't hunt with crossbows. So we have to make do with shooting paper targets and 3ds with crossbows. Also crossbow rules here say we have to cock the crossbow by hand.
This means for most people 150lb is the limit. (try pulling back a vixen 2 60 or 70 times!)
Any chance Excalibur could do a set of 125lb limbs for us Brits?
The only other choice we have here is the Tenpoint gt flex with its 80/125 and 180lb options.
wheelie

Re: UK target shooting.

Post by wheelie »

Cowslip wrote:Hi all.
Over here in the UK we can't hunt with crossbows. So we have to make do with shooting paper targets and 3ds with crossbows. Also crossbow rules here say we have to cock the crossbow by hand.
This means for most people 150lb is the limit. (try pulling back a vixen 2 60 or 70 times!)
The only other choice we have here is the Tenpoint gt flex with its 80/125 and 180lb options.
Option is a Apex target bow, 90lbs. Thats what I am going to buy but wondering if I buy a used vixen which is cheaper and cut down the rail say another inch or two and drill n retap it if it could end up beween 90 and 125 somewhere. I have to do more research on it yet.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

It must truly suck to live in the UK. Thank God, my forefathers created the 2nd amendment.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Not the authority here but there is such a thing as "lite" limbs for Excal. I have seen them mentioned here before.Danny Miller would be the guy to talk to but since you are in UK I dont know(740)483-2312 if you want to call him.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Cowslip wrote:Hi all.
If the Vixen 11 has a forward riser, you could switch it out for a flat riser.
The difference would drop 25 lbs.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

A Vixen 125 would sell very well over here I reckon,be just the ticket.
Dash

Post by Dash »

G'day mate,
Its sounds like the vertical bow associations call the shots there too.
The vertical bow associations here limit the crossbow poundage to 150 eliminating the majority of hunting bows. Although it may not be common there, I know there are some others in england there who shoot WCSA "World crossbow shooting association" rules using excaliburs. It was actually an engligh bloke who won the indoor sporting (hunting) crossbow indoor comp this year.
We got around this problem by starting our own crossbow club, and associated ourselfs with the "WCSA" world crossbow crossbow association. It may be worth looking into as then you can use any size excalibur you want.
Tennessee Tom

Post by Tennessee Tom »

UPSMAN wrote:It must truly suck to live in the UK. Thank God, my forefathers created the 2nd amendment.
If the current administration gets what they want all of America will not be able to own firearms either !! very sad to be punised because of another mental patient's action's !!
Cowslip

Post by Cowslip »

Thanks for all the replies, very interesting. Will look into the 'lite limbs'.
In the UK we have the NFAS or national field archery where we can shoot crossbows. We can shoot any poundage of bow, but who fancies hand clicking a 220lb?
Cowslip

Post by Cowslip »

flightattendant100 wrote:Not the authority here but there is such a thing as "lite" limbs for Excal. I have seen them mentioned here before.Danny Miller would be the guy to talk to but since you are in UK I dont know(740)483-2312 if you want to call him.
Does Danny Miller have an email address? Thanks
Dash

Post by Dash »

Cowslip wrote:Thanks for all the replies, very interesting. Will look into the 'lite limbs'.
In the UK we have the NFAS or national field archery where we can shoot crossbows. We can shoot any poundage of bow, but who fancies hand clicking a 220lb?
If you shoot WCSA rules you can use a cocking rope :wink:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Cowslip wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Not the authority here but there is such a thing as "lite" limbs for Excal. I have seen them mentioned here before.Danny Miller would be the guy to talk to but since you are in UK I dont know(740)483-2312 if you want to call him.
Does Danny Miller have an email address? Thanks
Yes, but he doesn't do business on it.He is old school and wants the one on one interaction. It will be worth the price of the call.He's a guru.
Cowslip

Post by Cowslip »

Thanks for information will call him :-)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Danny is at the ATA show til Wed............
"Eze 18:21"
strum

Post by strum »

Cowslip wrote:Thanks for all the replies, very interesting. Will look into the 'lite limbs'.
i wonder can using the rope cocking aid be considered hand cocking?...its not a crank or a mechanical aid ..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16