New 380 arrived-first thoughts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

Re: New 380 arrived-first thoughts

Post by JT of PA »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. It seems like the trigger is the same as the original Excaliburs. If only I could get a trigger with a "Wall" in it. :)
Prorudy

Post by Prorudy »

JT In my opinion as far as it comes to the trigger, when shooting at game the last thing your going to notice is the creep. The only time i realize its there is when im shooting it off the bench!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Prorudy wrote:JT In my opinion as far as it comes to the trigger, when shooting at game the last thing your going to notice is the creep. The only time i realize its there is when im shooting it off the bench!
I'm sure your right Prorudy. I do not hunt and use my Ibex for target shooting only. I sat in a blind last year and when we were surrounded by deer, your 100% correct ... I wasn't thinking to clearly and I wasn't the one with the crossbow. :lol:

My background of revolver shooting has me use to staging the trigger or "riding the wall". Since that is what I'm use to it is what I would like to have on my crossbow. Not even sure if you can build a "wall" into an Excalibur trigger. Oh well, I'll just keep enjoying my Ibex as is. :)
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

Hello every one this my 1st post, I got a matrix 380 on order which I should receive by the 16th jan which is later then most of you as I am in europe,
I nearly ordered a equinox but changed my mind at the last second for a matrix, seen some great reviews here with lots handy information I can use. it would be nice to see more video footage of the matrix in action here or youtube ,trust me I put enough hours in searching .let you know when I have it :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Welcome to the forum, blueflame!
"Eze 18:21"
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

blueflame wrote:Hello every one this my 1st post, I got a matrix 380 on order which I should receive by the 16th jan which is later then most of you as I am in europe,
Blueflame, welcome to the Excalibur Crossbow Family.

Wow, starting off with the latest/greatest model ... good for you.

If you can, it would be interesting to find out what you think of your new purchase when it arrives and photographs are always welcome.

All the best and take care.
blueflame

Post by blueflame »

Thanks for the welcome , I went for the flagship model as it seemed pointless going for anything less , I wasn't worried about not having the strength to cock it I'm good with that ,the only negative was the price and as i am paying more then most being in Europe , the positives being better power, durability , compactness and of course the anti dry fire mechanism was a big yes for me and this far outweighed the price dilemma ,pictures will of follow when I get it. :D