Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
yooper_man

Re: Long Armed Shooters

Post by yooper_man »

I am 6' tall, but my reach is 6'4". I don't like short stock, so my Equinox with the 1" stock X-tender was a blessing. I have stalked deer on the ground and never noticed the weight of my xbow in my hand. I shot my doe last year out of a ladderstand which had a horizontal shooting bar for a steady rest.

yooper_man
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I just checked the specs on the web site and they don't list the length of pull for the different bows. Too bad, it would be cool to compare them.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
shooter00

Post by shooter00 »

Bones wrote:I found the matrix shoulder's or feel's much like the nox , if not the same. I have an Exo 200 and prefer the extra length of pull that the lets say " traditional" stock give's. A matrix will be in my lineup soon and I either get use to the feel or put an extender on it. Doe's anyone know if the existing stock extender's fit the matrix ? My guess would be yes ?
Your guess is right,
The Matrix uses the same extender.
I'm using the one that came off of my Axiom.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

IMO, with the LOP being an issue with thumbhole stocks, for some folks, I suppose the logical thing to do would be to make it the same length as the traditional stocks. Then there'd be no need for the extenders, which don't match the camo stocks anyway. By doing so, I believe the trigger creep inherent with them could also be addressed and rectified. Who knows, maybe it would increase sales.

If the Matrix 380 was available in a trad stock, I might even be tempted. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
tman74

Post by tman74 »

I'm 6'6 with ape arms and I actually prefer the feel of the Matrix 355 over the 380. I like the smaller xbows...actually I love them all! I think I will be getting the 355 over the 380 due to it's smaller size.
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Gotta agree with ya Mike, I'm 6'4" and i have the wingspan of a, CONDOR :shock: I shoot a Equinox and am getting ready to install the stock extension, so i won't be so scrunched up to shoot, all in all i guess it's a personal choice. But i will have to say i have shot it so much, the way it is, that i have gotten used to it, but i want to try extending the stock and see how i like it. :wink: who knows it might improve my shooting. :shock:

Dave
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I like the fact that my Equinox bare stock fits my 14 yr old daughters LOP perfectly and the easy install of the X-Tender brings it to my perfect LOP. Having the proper LOP is a night and day feel and accuracy excels.

yooper_man
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

For me and my Equinox, I need to use a Crank Cocking Aid, the back just can't take it. Once maybe twice then I am crawling to the house if I cock the crossbow with the rope cocker. So I cannot keep a Butt X-Tender on the Equinox.
Raymond
Knight

Post by Knight »

Overall length isn't so much an issue. It's the length of pull that is the issue for big guys. The thumbhole stocks are shorter than the regular stocks.

And I will bet I am bigger than all here. lol....
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Knight wrote:Overall length isn't so much an issue. It's the length of pull that is the issue for big guys. The thumbhole stocks are shorter than the regular stocks.

And I will bet I am bigger than all here. lol....
That depends on what is measured. Some little guys have been know to be rather big were it counts. :wink:

Now, now get your mind out of the gutter, I mean their hearts. :lol: Case and point, Boo might be short, but few have a bigger heart.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

:D :D :D