FOB Starflight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

secret

FOB Starflight

Post by secret »

I seen this video and thought a cut FOB glued to a crossbow shaft might be the next step. Watch this guy tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3UWxa199E
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
JT of PA

Re: FOB Starflight

Post by JT of PA »

You got me thinking. :)

Watched a YouTube video of the man who designed the product testing it. Interesting view, not sure if they have one that would work on a crossbow shaft and a flat nock.

We'll see. Thanks for posting.

BowmanPa

Post by BowmanPa »

I shoot them right now and I tell you they fly great. Not sure if they would work on a crossbow because your bolt would not lay truely flat. Hey if someone wants to give it a try I'll send you one.
BowmanPa
secret

Post by secret »

Ive used lighted nocks that were bigger than shaft diameter ,and it really didnt effect flight as much as i thought it would.mmmmmmm
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

secret wrote:Ive used lighted nocks that were bigger than shaft diameter ,and it really didnt effect flight as much as i thought it would.mmmmmmm
I have noticed that some of the plastic nocks are slighter larger in dia. than the shaft as well, and some are quite long and not concentric. Put 'em on a spinner and shaft is good but nock wobbles like the dickens!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

When the nock is larger than the shaft the rear of the shaft is not laying in the rail as should be. when loading your arrow move it back and forth by hand, you'll feel the arrow rise very little right when it leaves the serving, the nocks and arrow should be the same size.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:When the nock is larger than the shaft the rear of the shaft is not laying in the rail as should be. when loading your arrow move it back and forth by hand, you'll feel the arrow rise very little right when it leaves the serving, the nocks and arrow should be the same size.

Wes
Agreed, It cant be good for accuracy for the nock to be larger and have run out! I am puzzled as to why there are arrows available that have this condition and folks not screaming at the tops of their lungs.