bipod installation

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

midnite oil

bipod installation

Post by midnite oil »

Hello

I have axiom that I purchased last year...the thing is unbelieveable.....just wish I could shoot everyday..
the axiom has a molded shoulder strap eye on the front of the fore end of the stock...it works great for a shoulder strap but a bipod will not work with this....

will it hurt anything to install a stud like you would on a shotgun? so that i can use my bipod when shooting
any certain length stud? or screw style if there are any different ones...

thanks for all replies
s91

Re: bipod installation

Post by s91 »

i have the ibexs it has the molded sling stud i had no problem at all fitting a hariss bipod just cliped straight on hope this helps
midnite oil

Post by midnite oil »

my bipod is a utg .....not as good as the harris....but i have to have a post or a weaver rail...
i could probably just get a small 2" weaver rail from wally world for just a few bucks....but i like the idea of a solid post..
JohnnyDollar

Post by JohnnyDollar »

I have a Caldwell bipod on my Emax and love it. It even has a sling stud on it so I can put a sling on it. The bipods are very nice to have a steady rest.
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning
midnite oil

Post by midnite oil »

install a small weaver rail......bipod mounts solidly....all of $4
DFF

Post by DFF »

hello!

i am using a versapod.
instead of mountig the massiv block of plastic when you use the standard adapter i reduced the block, removed some plastic in the stock until it fits into the stock front.
now just the pin is sticking out of the stock:

i can still use the swivel for attaching a shoulderbelt, the only disatvantage is that ,if you have mounted something in front of the pin you have to remove it before you can release the bipod.
i put a thin felt slice on the pin so the bipod can slide less up and down the pin and to reduce noise.
with the short versa-pod you can also flip the bipod foreward, it does'nt distract cocking, the stirup is still free.(when telescope legs are slide back in)

cheers

DFF
Last edited by DFF on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Your photos never came out. That is a shame. That would have been interesting to see.
Raymond
DFF

Post by DFF »

now it is working!

cheers

DFF