Unreal yote hunt today !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Unreal yote hunt today !

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I have a couple of real good turkey areas close to a small town about 10 miles away. Everytime I hunt these areas I see or hear yotes. The winter has been hard and the snow depths get far to high to walk into these areas from the road even with snowshoes. After the thaw we have had I thought I would check it out at the edge of light and sure enough I could get in so I gave it a shot. Well at one place I set up and at -16 this morning it was cold. I got the cottontail dst on and at 3 minutes with it at volume 21 I just paused it and looked to the right and there a dog running towards the caller from down wind. I turn fast and she sees and stops at 100yds and I happened to at the sametime and bang down she goes. I hit the remote 015 my KiHi and turn it up to 40 and it starts and out comes another and he sees me move and runs the other way. I bark him and bark and bark and he stops at about 225yds and I place the crosshairs and bang down he goes.

Only 3 -4 minutes on the calls and 2 down so I continue with the rest of the 20 minute sit and it was silent for the rest. When I got up and headed to the yotes I noticed the male had only 3 legs. After skinning it I found Bird shot in under the hide.

The setup with both yotes already down

The Double

The 3 Legger,sorry about it being sideways New Photobucket

I head straight across the road to the property owners other property and I drive back in and stop close to the last feild, park quietly get out and walk down the feild edge 500 or so yards to the end. As I walk down I see fresh tracks crossing back and forth in the area so it looks good. I move to setup out from the inside corner of the woods on both sides of the field about 150yds out. Got the caller and mojo out and I settled back along a drainage creek in the field and the wind is cross wind from the corner. I feel good, Never hunted this place this winter so maybe some uncalled coyotes here. I start calling with a distressed rabbit call for about a minute and stop. I then turn on the caller and raise the volume to a 30 for about 20 seconds and then lower it again to 23 and after a minute I stop. I scan the wood line and have to also look over my right shoulder to watch just up wind to woods and as I come back I spot a yote standing in the grassy wet swamp looking at the mojo up wind of the caller. I lift the pod and move to the right and settle on him and squeeze, Bang Down he goes.

I hit the remote fast 015 KIHI and turn it up to 40 and I jack another shell in the gun and start scaning the wod line and as I scan all the way to the right over my shoulder and coming back I spot the other running up and back towards the woods on the edge. As I swing the dog spots me and stops and I get settled perfect and squeeze and down goes number 2. I watch for a minute again with the KIHI on and I spot a running movement back in the open area of the woods going to my right up wind. I shut off the caller and wait silent watching for about 2 minutes and see nil as I scan the line. Now my hearts pumping hard and I'm totally mixed up here as to what to do, so do what ever comes to mind. I hit the recall button and on goes the cottontail dst and I run it for a minute watching and then hit it again so on comes the KIHI again and as I scan THERE he is standing back in the swamp grass looking out at the caller. I swing slow and settle on his chest and squeeze and down he goes !

A triple at set 2 I am so excited that as the caller is running i'm texting my buddy Wayne to tell him what has just happened to me.

5 coyotes down in 2 sets !!!! Unbelieveable ! what a record for me and one that I dont exspect to ever beat.

I need Ammo ! :lol:

The setup

The Dogs

Here is the All Together pic
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
mr meat

Re: Unreal yote hunt today !

Post by mr meat »

What a day!! congrats on thinning them out!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

oh my gosh you are the cyote king!!!! :D 8) really enjoy the read, unreal keep it up; i think i want to give it a try sometime, at least i will have a very good mentor to get advice from. thanks for sharing.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Yotemaster :wink:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fantastic! 5 Yotes in a mornin wid 2 set-ups. Shoot on stick, killem congrats :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Amazing season for sure.

I am enjoying reading about these hunts!!

Thanks for sharing.

The 3 leg Coyote shows how versatile they are...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I don't even know what to say Adrian....outstanding will have to do I guess!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

What an amazing hunt. Shows you know your stuff with the yotes. Congrats, Hoagy
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks Guys , I'm not liking the skinning right now :(
Ontario Hunting Lodge
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great hunt and pic's ! ... Thanks for sharing it with us ! Congrat's on the yotes !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

OUTSTANDING!!
The best things in life are not things!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks for the time it took to post the stories! Great job!
"Eze 18:21"
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Amazing! Love your stories! Congrats!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Man, that is another awesome hunt. Thanks for taking us along with you. How much do they give you for a pelt in Ontario? Way to go buddy. Thanks for sharing with us, I have enjoyed every hunt.
Thanks,
Raymond
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Raymond wrote:Man, that is another awesome hunt. Thanks for taking us along with you. How much do they give you for a pelt in Ontario? Way to go buddy. Thanks for sharing with us, I have enjoyed every hunt.
Thanks,
Raymond
I just got told by a person that buys furs that he was paying a 100.00 average for a large in good shape. 3 were large in good shape so I could use some gas money :wink:

Thanks for the kind words guys
Ontario Hunting Lodge