Whats your top choice for Arrow and broadhead to use on Deer / Moose ? :D :D :D
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
vixenmaster

Re: Deer Combo

Post by vixenmaster »

The arrow part is hard to say whatever i am shootin at the time. BH's RazorTrick & or Spitfire :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Hoagy

Post by Hoagy »

At this time i shoot the Firebolt arrow & Boltcutter broadhead. For turkey i'm trying a Spitfire gobbler getter. Good hunting, Hoagy
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i like firebolts and g5's montecs,and 125 rages for crossbow.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

I like the rage mechanicals for accuracy but I can't get a pass through and that means less blood for tracking. I found the last deer I shot in the morning because the blood trail was so weak. I'd much rather recover them when they are still warm.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

2219s, abc steel sonics 125s, you swear u miss the deer, the arrows just blast thru em so quick, fly like fieldpoints out of my vortex, blood trail depends on the hit; took 2 eights this year one bled in buckets went 15 yrds dirt nap, the other 70yrds had to look a little harder.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I want to try the BEE's carbon wid lock n load inserts. I do have my go to Alum. Eastons 2114 & 2216's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

fire bolts with 125gr wasp hammer sst and 125gr swhackers and with the matrix it will be diablos untill i can get some customs!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

That's a good question and you'll get lots of different answers cuz everyone has their own personal favourite. I been shooting for years and still use the Firebolts but I've added brass inserts and refletched with Blazers. I'm a big fan of the Rage products. They've never let me down and they are accurate and DEADLY!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

Use to use the firebolts with rage mechanical 2 blades, never let me down. This year bumping it up a notch to BEA Executioners with Blazer vanes that Big John made up for me and trying the new Rage Extremes with 2.3" of cutting blades. I have never had any problems with my old setup but want to try something new. If it helps get the deer down even quicker its a win win in my book
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Bunt wrote:I like the rage mechanicals for accuracy but I can't get a pass through and that means less blood for tracking. I found the last deer I shot in the morning because the blood trail was so weak. I'd much rather recover them when they are still warm.

What bow are you using? I use Rage & have had passthrough shots on all deer I have taken with the rage & had great blood trails with them....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Bunt wrote:I like the rage mechanicals for accuracy but I can't get a pass through and that means less blood for tracking. I found the last deer I shot in the morning because the blood trail was so weak. I'd much rather recover them when they are still warm.

What bow are you using? I use Rage & have had passthrough shots on all deer I have taken with the rage & had great blood trails with them....
Same here, Rage 3 have passed through every deer (12 so far) using my Equinox.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

I'm shooting the Phoenix with firebolts and 125 gr rage, on the buck I shot 2 years ago the arrow went in broke the ribs and stopped when it struck the rib on the far side. Maybe I need a heavier bolt/broadhead combination.