Any sheds yet??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Any sheds yet??

Post by j.krug »

It's a beautiful morning today so I went for a nice walk about at my Uncle's farm where I hunt. I was mostly looking for turkey and deer sign but was hoping to stumble upon a shed or two also. Well I didn't find any sheds but I saw tons of deer, turkey and coyote sign which made me smile.

Has anyone in southwestern Ontario started finding sheds laying around yet? :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
maine hunter

Re: Any sheds yet??

Post by maine hunter »

:D :D no sheds in maine yet, it was so nice today. we walked our hunting spot and put out our deer feeder and camera. saw tons of poop, and tracks. found one more area to put up tree stand this summer too. had three deer standing on the trail on the way out to the truck. come on hunting season.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
IH8ATTN

Post by IH8ATTN »

My buddy went to hit up our local provincial park here and found some great sheds. A nice mature 10 point definitely in its prime and they were freshly shaken off. The mass on it was outstanding. Maybe he will make it onto my buddies property across the street from the park :)
swalsh

Post by swalsh »

I've found a couple, one was chewed up pretty good by mice. so I brought it home for my dog. The other, I think is the left side match to the right side I found last spring. It's almost identicle in size and charictaristics, which is what makes me think it's from last year. Also where I found it, buried in some long grass and water about 100 yards from where I found the other last year.
Sean
I Hunt, I Fish, I Am
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sounds promising there guys. I can't even say for sure they've started dropping down this way. Wifey and I are gonna go for a stroll in the woods at another good area tomorrow and see what we can find?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
richfly2013

Post by richfly2013 »

It's almost identicle in size and charictaristics, which is what makes me think it's from last year.

Post by Shotnbeer »

Auto, I live pretty close to you (SW PA). Look for winter food sources, thickets, crab apple or fence lines. I do find quite a few. Spring gobbler is a good time to be out looking around.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Still looking for the ground. Nearly 1.5 feet of snow - with crust so strong I can stand on it - here in No MN
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Bunt

Post by Bunt »

I haven't found any this year yet, last year in April I scared up some does and a couple of bucks and they still had their antlers. Maybe the mild winter had something to do with that.
rayman

Post by rayman »

automated11 wrote:Where do you guys typically find shed antlers?
Seems like I find them along heavily used trails a lot. If I find one, sometimes I look around and find the other one.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Bunt wrote:I haven't found any this year yet, last year in April I scared up some does and a couple of bucks and they still had their antlers. Maybe the mild winter had something to do with that.
I remember last year a lot of the deer didn't drop their antler until really late.
Wifey and I are gonna go for a stroll in the woods again this weekend and see what we can find. :)

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads