380 scope rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob watkins

380 scope rail

Post by bob watkins »

shot my 380 first day spot on went the next day arrows jumping all over the place. started checking all the screws the four that hold the scope rail are only finger tight. i thought that they would use some kind of lockite at the factory.small detail but it kind of ticked me off anyone else have this happen?
kevinr

Re: 380 scope rail

Post by kevinr »

I had the same thing the first day I got it.

Post by newbie »

dont think they come installed from factory. my vortex didnt. dealer prob put together
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

Never, ever, assume that someone else did anything!!! Mount all your own equipment with Blue Lok-Tite. I guarantee that you care about your gun/crossbow/bow more than any dealer or manufacturer.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Excellent advice but......

Should they double check the trigger mechanism too then, it is also hand assembled? I think when we purchase a brand new unmodified item, it should be safe to assume it is ready for use, if this is how it is being presented at the time of sale. There is a level of expectation from the manufacture and dealer as they should be as or more knowledgeable then the average consumer.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

Post by newbie »

taz3 wrote:Excellent advice but......

Should they double check the trigger mechanism too then, it is also hand assembled? I think when we purchase a brand new unmodified item, it should be safe to assume it is ready for use, if this is how it is being presented at the time of sale. There is a level of expectation from the manufacture and dealer as they should be as or more knowledgeable then the average consumer.
lets not get out of hand here boys. some shops especially well respected shops close to home sometimes hire less the enthenthusiastic young adults to work in their shops. I recently ordered a dozen arrow shafts from a big well know store about an hour north of me. picked up the shafts and other supplies and inspected shafts and they looked like a 6 yr olds art project. inserts glued not fully seated. blobs of glue everywhere. shafts not cut anywhere near square. Returned the shafts guy was very appolgetic made worth my time to drive up and back. His explanation was young kids sometime need watching when they are learning to do new things but they were too busy to supervise him 100%.

simple procedure as checking main components are tight is no biggie. all the parts there? yup? did the bow blow up upon cocking? nope few screws loose no worries. bigger fish to fry out there. :D
I remember someone posting picks of bow with limbs assembled backwards recently. that dealer obviously had no clue :shock:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Ya, I wasn't try to be abrasive, it's tricky at best to make a point with text and I do understand this can be easily read either way. :wink:
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

Post by newbie »

taz3 wrote:Ya, I wasn't try to be abrasive, it's tricky at best to make a point with text and I do understand this can be easily read either way. :wink:
:lol:

10-4 no worries just a little jumpy since I am bowless at the moment lol :(
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

i shot my 355 about 20 times the first time and than checked all screws and found some that took a turn or two! i think it would be wise to check them before you shoot it
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
rej

Post by rej »

I am going to give my retailer a positive vote. Wholesale Sports in Edmonton, AB, North store. From the moment I came in they were attentive and helpful. Most of them were vertical bow hunters but all had some experience with the xbow lines they sold. They all had a preference for Excalibur. I was given a demo to handle and try cocking as I pleased. Got a number of useful pointers as well; among them being to check every screw on the xbow after assembly. They also usually have most Excalibur accessories on hand, competitively priced. When I come in they always ask how I am doing with the Vortex and now I am passing on to them what I have learned on here and from just getting out and shooting it. A bunch of great people there and last visit they told me the Matrix would probably be in soon. Now I have a choice to make. Already have a great xbow and Da Griz has a knife, hatchet set I really like............. :?
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i think scope rail is done at the factory not the dealer.your right i should have checked it now with blue locktite
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

bob watkins wrote:shot my 380 first day spot on went the next day arrows jumping all over the place. started checking all the screws the four that hold the scope rail are only finger tight. i thought that they would use some kind of lockite at the factory.small detail but it kind of ticked me off anyone else have this happen?
Bob from my experience with dealing with Excalibur crossbows at the retailers level, it is not the fault of Excalibur Headquarters what happened to you and your crossbow. When I worked at the store where I was last employed before I became sick, all of the crossbows were received and assembled by myself. I was instructed to follow and use the method that Bill Troubridge had explained and all of the scope mounts had blue loctite applied to the screws itself as Bill instructed in his video so as not to get any loctite down around the trigger assembly. I always made sure that I assembled the crossbows as they were my own.
So I would have to say that whoever assembled the crossbow at the retailer didn't do his job properly and that is unfortunate. Luckily you or someone else was not injured and your equipment was not damaged either. Maybe the next time that you are in that store or shop you might mention that trouble to someone in authority so it doesn't happen again. So sorry that you had to face something like that with a brand new crossbow.
Raymond