*** Burris Scopes ***

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ShooterJohn

Re: *** Burris Scopes ***

Post by ShooterJohn »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:
ShooterJohn wrote:
Limbs and Sticks wrote:Life time warranty with burris no matter when or where you get it, just as good or better than what's out there to date, you can,t go wrong.

Wes
Thanks Wes..... any idea which model might be a good choice for the Cb under 300$ ?

Bullzeye has my first pick, the full field ll are good scopes

Wes
"Bullzeye".? Whats this Wes? You mean Bulzeye Prp Optical ? That's a booster .

Im not sure if thats what you meant .... :?
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

In the 70's I worked in a gun shop here in Ft. Worth. We sold Weaver, Redfield, and Leupold scopes.The Weaver scopes are good tough scopes with a great adjustment system, but arent very bright. They were also about half price of a Leupold.During the day about all you could sell were Weavers, but right at sundown nobody wanted a dark ol' Weaver ,but you could sure sell 'em a Leupold.
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

flightattendant100 wrote:In the 70's I worked in a gun shop here in Ft. Worth. We sold Weaver, Redfield, and Leupold scopes.The Weaver scopes are good tough scopes with a great adjustment system, but arent very bright. They were also about half price of a Leupold.During the day about all you could sell were Weavers, but right at sundown nobody wanted a dark ol' Weaver ,but you could sure sell 'em a Leupold.
Thanks for your input.... :D

Appreciate it.

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I believe he was commenting on my post. :lol:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My customer experience with Burris is exceptional. Burris completely rebuilt a USED scope I sent them when I found it to be defective upon purchase. Free of charge. That said, I much prefer scopes that are specific for crossbows because their reticules are more intended for same and their parallax is set for closer distances.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

ShooterJohn wrote:
yooper_man wrote:
ShooterJohn wrote:I see that your not a big fan of Burris yooper man. There must be some scopes you feel are worthy of Leupolds status. What about any Nikon ? :D

Thanks ,
Its not about what I like, I just pick Leupold.

I don't own any Nikon's, but friends of mine seem too like them.

I urge you to look through a few different manufactures. I would say all are quite clear inside a fully lit retail store. The true test comes during the last few moments of legal shooting time. Here is were Leupold shines for me.

Andrew
Exactly !!

And, unfortunately the retailers don't let you take the scopes out for a test drive :cry:
This is why we rely on a good group of foks on here with their valuable opinions. :D

I like your opinions. Very valuable. I would like to hear a Nikon useres opinion too.

Thanks again,
ShooterJohn,

I feel the Turkey Plex center circle guides my eye to the center of the reticle.

The center circle is 6.5 inches at 45 yards set on 4x magnification. My daughter's 7 point buck deer mount's ears and bottom surface of the nose muzzle measures approx 6 to 6.5 inches long. I don't like to shoot beyond 30 yards, but this might be a cool tool to determine if the deer is within 45 yards. All depends on how the deer is standing and if it mature, so if the ear looks too big in the circle then its closer than 45 yards.

The Redfield Redfield 2-7 Revolution Accu-Range reticle is similar to Leupold's Turkey Plex reticle.

I was thinking on getting the reticle changed from Turkey Plex to the German #4, but I am rethinking the Turkey Plex for ranging usage. Leupold will change reticles for about $60.00. I haven't sighted it in yet, must wait for spring. I plan on setting the scope on 4 power and using the center cross hair set at 25 yards and hold it center broadside on an deer from 0-30 yards. We had a snow storm last week that dropped 8 inches and expected more snow this week.

I sure do like the look of the Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 NWTF Edition scopes Dark Earth color on my full Realtree AP camouflage Equinox.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

Thanks yooperman. That was a great help.... Looks like Leupold has made its mark !

Great vision, tough, water and fog proof, excellent glass..... I'm impressed.

:D Hope everyone has a great weekend

God BLess

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Bullzeye wrote:

I believe he was commenting on my post. :lol:

That's what I meant.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

check....... :D

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My wife has a Burris FFII on her CZ452, she loves it!

I went to a local shop (London) to look for optics for my dedicated varmint gun, they had a lot of scopes to look through. They brought a felt topped table outside and layed scopes on it for me to try in my price range..
I looked trrough each scope, until I got to the Leoplold, the zoom ring was frozen solid right out of the box, we both tried, but it wouldn't move.. Sales guy looks at me and says "but they have a great warranty", and rolled his eyes.
I ended up with a Bushnell 6500, they had features that Leopold could not compare with, so it was the scope I brought home. We tried full light, dim light and complete dark, the Bushnell (6500 series) excelled in every department.
Cost of scopes we were looking at was about $1200.
He told me that it wasn't the first time that Leopold had has dropped the ball at the sales counter.
Keep in mind, if you live in Canada, Leoplold does not do their own service, they are imported by a company called "Korth Group". Korth screws Canadians, and after many, many emails and phone conversations Leopold will be happy to tell you they are fine with how Korth handles warranties their products. (Google them and see) Not many pleased Leopold owners who needed service in Canada that are happy.
If you do buy one, make sure the dealer is approved by Leopold, otherwise you are screwed. The make sure you buy from one of their factory recomended dealers (inflated prices) before they will even consider a warranty claim.
My Burris came on my .204, but quickly made a home on the wifes .22. It is what you would expect for a scope in that price range. She is more than pleased.
Leopold counts on it's name to sell product, but be careful, they are not always what is best.
Comparing my 6500 to a Leopold is like putting Saran wrap on a papertowel tube. The Leopold looks like a joke in comparison, low, mid or high light.
Burris makes a fine "middle of the road" scope, it is good at everything, but great at nothing.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

ShooterJohn wrote:Thanks yooperman. That was a great help.... Looks like Leupold has made its mark !

God BLess
You are so welcome!

I have been a dedicated Leupold owner for many many years and no one could run fast enough to give me another optic for free. :)

Leupold's are most certainly are not appealing too everyone, but that's OK.

Plus don't forget the hassle free no questions asked real full lifetime warranty even if your Leupold was bought new or used from whomever.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

yooper_man wrote:
ShooterJohn wrote:Thanks yooperman. That was a great help.... Looks like Leupold has made its mark !

God BLess
You are so welcome!

I have been a dedicated Leupold owner for many many years and no one could run fast enough to give me another optic for free. :)

Leupold's are most certainly are not appealing too everyone, but that's OK.

Plus don't forget the hassle free no questions asked real full lifetime warranty even if your Leupold was bought new or used from whomever.

Andrew

Seems like they have the same warranty as Burris :mrgreen:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Leopold makes great scopes.
My comment was for the original poster, who I believe is in Canada.
The hassle free warranty, is far from hassle free on this side of the border.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Not to mention we take it up the wazoo with Leupold pricing here in Canada.

A 3x9x40 VX-2 matte, with duplex reticle at Cabela's Canada is $399.99. The same scope at Cabela's USA is $299.99.

$100 difference. :shock: bend over and sing Oh Canada.
Last edited by Bullzeye on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Bullzeye wrote:Not to mention we take it up the wazoo with Leupold pricing here in Canada.
Monopolizing by our Canadian Leopold, Korth Group.
Whant a real laugh? Call or email Leopold about a warranty claim, then tell them your in Canada.
WMU 91
Boo string