Third Hand Rag Bags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Third Hand Rag Bags

Post by newbie »

found a good deal this side of border, can't wait to raid the wife's closet to try them out. :twisted:

Well and I need to pick up a 355 LOL!
Don has some I picked them up from him today, he brought a bunch in to save on shipping.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
sbox

Re: Third Hand Rag Bags

Post by sbox »

They work like a charm. I have one and it stops my Exocet 200 with no problem. One suggestion is don't use any plastic, use only cloth. I had half mine stuffed with a plastic bag off a new mattress. But the plastic grips the arrows and bolts, so I finally removed it and replaced it with old clothes.
Excalibur Micro 380, Exocet 200, Phoenix, Vixen, Vixen II
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

How much are they?
Thanks,
Raymond

Post by newbie »

$30 I think he had 8 bags left.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

Go to your St Vincent de Paul, Good Will or other thrift store. They usually have bags of "rags" for sale... 'think I got about 40 pounds of tee-shirts for $12-14.00. (several appeared to be new) Had a choice of tee-shirts or old towels. One time expense as you just stir them up now and then. That set-up stops everything I have shot out of the 355. Those Third-Hand bags take a BUNCH to stuff them tight!

Post by newbie »

TheTinker wrote:Go to your St Vincent de Paul, Good Will or other thrift store. They usually have bags of "rags" for sale... 'think I got about 40 pounds of tee-shirts for $12-14.00. (several appeared to be new) Had a choice of tee-shirts or old towels. One time expense as you just stir them up now and then. That set-up stops everything I have shot out of the 355. Those Third-Hand bags take a BUNCH to stuff them tight!
you haven't seen the wife's closet she won't miss enough to fill both bags LoL just wish I could use some of her shoes :shock:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
cdnarmyguy

Post by cdnarmyguy »

Where you pick them up?
What's 64 tons, green and black, and can take a deer at 3400m. A leopard tank.
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

newbie wrote: you haven't seen the wife's closet she won't miss enough to fill both bags LoL just wish I could use some of her shoes :shock:
Just watching out for your well being newbie!
..If I got in my wife's closet and stuffed 50 pounds of her clothing into that bag, she would "Kick My A$$" :cry:

Post by newbie »

TheTinker wrote:
newbie wrote: you haven't seen the wife's closet she won't miss enough to fill both bags LoL just wish I could use some of her shoes :shock:
Just watching out for your well being newbie!
..If I got in my wife's closet and stuffed 50 pounds of her clothing into that bag, she would "Kick My A$$" :cry:

:shock: a little spice here and there keeps things fresh in the marriage :D
but I will be better off if I use the sheets my inlaws have from a hotel. he got them to take down south, he builds houses in Dominican all winter for the less fortunate but he decided not to take them. has couplehundred pounds of them taking up room.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Don't put the sheets in folded. Murphy will show up to make sure an arrow splits a gap. Also if your target has a little "give" to it, it will last a lot longer. Hanging it would be ideal. Seen some real cool setups on this forum. I lucked out and scored a couple of 1/4" mesh hospital laundry sacks. Very tough and the field points find there way through the mesh without damage. :D
Hank[/quote]
I saw the neatest set up the other day, a guy had his bag target hanging from an old gate head pipe and behind it was hanging a bed mat from an old truck. 1/2" thick rubber mat stops anything the bag might not and doesnt damage any arrows. The light came on!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have been using them for years. Keep them dry. They are very heavy packed with cloths.

I got the frame of a exersise walker to hang mine on with a roof. I have a contractors garbage bag I push it up too shoot and then pull it down covering it to keep it dry. They last alot longer if they are kept dry. I have 24 inch wide rubber industrial belts hanging from my house as a back stop. Have it all up on a table incase a dog walks infront I will be shooting over them. All works good for my 30 yard backyard range.
WARNING Never shoot at a fence. I stand at the fence and shoot at my house. Years ago I had target at the fence and nabour heard the poping sound and looked over fence to say hi. Her head was dead centre and a foot over my target as I was just ready to let the arrow go. That was the last day I ever shot at a fence. You never know what is on the other side of a fence.

Post by newbie »

thanks guys for all the tops. I am going to build frames to hang them. They would be heavy if they get wet will get out away in the shed after use. they look like well made tough bags compared to the last big target I bought .
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads