I'm going to get one!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JPjunkie

Re: I'm going to get one!

Post by JPjunkie »

Ill pickup a 355 and come over and we can load that stuff in my truck Thats a deal :P Dont listen to him I could be in griffith with a 355 in an hour and half just kidding Hes right it sucks to think responsibly :x
Last edited by JPjunkie on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
automated11

Post by automated11 »

I would just wait a while and see how your strings sell over the summer and if you can save some extra money. Then closer to hunting season make the decision. If you were closer I would let you shoot mine anytime. Dont get your self in the dog house for hunting season.
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

Sell the "Stones" tickets , and get the 355. While your enjoying the new CB 355 play a CD of the Stones in the background. :D

I'm not a Stones fan - so it's an easy choice for me ! :D

Get er' done !
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I sold my aluminum rail Ibex to get my 355 & have no regrets!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

6. use credit card .... wife will kill you.

well tell her that the initial investment will pale in comparison to the amount of meat you will put in the freezer. In the long run it will pay for itself 10x over !!! :D

Good Luck
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

1. Sell my Hoyt, I know this is stupid but I want one. Makes sense...I'm a Mathews guy anyway.
2. Sell some tools, again, stupid! Makes sense...Tools mean work!!!
3. Sell one climbing treestand, not so stupid. I love my API...Couldn't sell it.
4.Sell more strings, again, not too stupid. Profit is good.
5. Sell muzzle loader, might be stupid??? Makes sense...I missed a doe last year at 10 yards with my muzzleloader.
6. Use credit card, real stupid. Wife would definitely catch that one! LOL. Unless you can pay it off at the end of the month, bad idea.
7. Sell Ibex, dumb, dumb, dumb, idea! Think of it as an upgrade.

My 380 came from ebay a couple days ago and I could have cried when I picked it up...It fit like an old pair of jeans. I am 5'4" and was concerned about cocking stroke and length of pull but it is a non-issue. Cocking gets a little difficult getting those last couple inches, but not too bad. Thought about the 355 but kept going back the 380. I sold my Horton TRT Ultralight with accessories and case for 800 so it wasn't too painful.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

xcaliber wrote:Good to know! I think the 355 will be all I need though. I really like the Ibex, bot shorter, narrower, and faster! Tough choices!

I might sell the Ibex. I got my wife convinced that I can't make the decision without shooting one first. She does kinda cock her head a little when i tell her though, just like the dog does when he's confused. :lol: :lol:
I shot them both but I never put the 380 back on the hanger I would go for the 380 If it was me Ithink if you get the 355 you will want the 380 shortly
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

I am still having a hard time understanding why there are two new bows that are that close in performance???
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

One half the blink of an eye :lol: and 2 hondo
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

xcaliber wrote:I saw that bellriverhunter, someone got a nice bow, and so did you! That Ibex you sold was mint!

Ya my Ibex was a great bow & never even thought I would ever sell it. I killed the best buck of my hunting career with it on Nov 01st 2012 but I made the mistake of picking up the Matrix 355 @ the outdoor Rama in Michigan. As they say it was bcame more of a need than a want after that! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
volfan

Post by volfan »

xcaliber wrote:Forgot one, sell Stones tickets, but the lawyer would probably cost more than the Matrix. :lol: :lol:
I'd sell the Stones tickets. Never did like them. Wouldn't have given a dime to see them when they were in their prime (40 years ago) let alone now that they are all on life support. :lol:
Matrix 355
Calcobrena

Post by Calcobrena »

Bronzeback wrote:I am still having a hard time understanding why there are two new bows that are that close in performance???
Size. Weight. Shorter power stroke is easier to cock, too. The 355 also comes without accessories. Add what what you want. In the end, though, you are probably going to want the stuff that the 380 comes with and not mind the added draw weight or powerstroke so you'll get it anyway. :) It's just an option. I dont think it really makes that much sense either that's why I got the 380 :)
--Ami

Matrix 380 Xtra ; )
Slick Trick STX150 Xbow Trick 150 Grain on Diablo 18" Carbon Bolts
Nikon Archer's Choice MAX Rangefinder
Ameristep "Sisterhood" Ground Blind
DSD Upright Hen
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

xcaliber wrote:Well, I made up my mind to get a Matrix 355. I don't have the money for one, but that is not going to stop me! "I have a plan" Maybe not a good plan, but a plan no doubt. Here are the details:
1. Sell my Hoyt, I know this is stupid but I want one.
2. Sell some tools, again, stupid!
3. Sell one climbing treestand, not so stupid.
4.Sell more strings, again, not too stupid.
5. Sell muzzle loader, might be stupid???
6. Use credit card, real stupid. Wife would definitely catch that one! LOL.
7. Sell Ibex, dumb, dumb, dumb, idea!
If you have any ideas, good, or dumb, feel free to add them.
Can you tell I want a Matrix?
Just use the card and tell the wife you will never ask for anything else :wink:
volfan

Post by volfan »

......better yet after you get it take her shopping and encourage her to endulge in something she wants or likes to do.
Matrix 355
volfan

Post by volfan »

....and a $1000 crossbow is not????? :? :)
Matrix 355