Good Alabama buck. Should get mount this week...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Panhandler80

Good Alabama buck. Should get mount this week...

Post by Panhandler80 »

Not a bow kill, but my best buck yet. Mount should wrap up this week and I'll be sure to post a picture of him once he's on the wall, too.

Well, I got situated and hit the bleat call a few times and just sat. No more than 30 minutes later I catch movement down the 300 yard shot line and I see horns. I thought it was a small buck that was close. I still got the gun up and when I got him the scope it took very little time to make the decision to shoot. It was a good thing because the deer was moving pretty quick. Put it on his shoulder and squeezed one off. Dropped him in this tracks at about 80 yards. Was very lucky to have gotten him in the scope as quickly as I did, and was very lucky that I didn’t need any more time that I did to make up my mind. The power line is pretty wide, but he had crossed half of it in no time.
Here is the shot off to my left. If you look closely you’ll see a white belly just in front of the pole…
Here’s a better shot of that same white belly…
A real nice deer and by far my biggest to date. He would have been a 9 if he wasn’t missing that one on his left side. His right side has a little more mass and obviously more tines… it was his R side that I shot, so I was just a tiny bit disappointed when I found out that he was only a 4 on the other side with one of those 4 being broken off, but I still love the deer and of course would have shot even if I did see that he was missing one. I used to kind of make fun of people that fix busted up racks, but it’s a whole different ball game when it’s your deer! The taxidermist that they use ate dinner with us Sat night and after speaking with him, I’m going to have him put horn back on that busted G3.

My favorite picture…
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
WalknTall

Re: Good Alabama buck. Should get mount this week...

Post by WalknTall »

Beauty! Congrats!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Heck yeah thats a good'en fer sure congrats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

nice buck!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
roly

Post by roly »

Congrats! Nice buck!