s5 bumpers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sportsman70003

s5 bumpers

Post by sportsman70003 »

Is there anything better out there to replace the rubber bumpers, mine only lasted about 250 shots and i turned them about every 10 shots!!
Suppressor 400 TD
Dragon Claw Arrows
Ravntek Broadheads
TheTinker

Re: s5 bumpers

Post by TheTinker »

DUPLICATION-DELETED
Last edited by TheTinker on Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTinker

Post by TheTinker »

String-Tamers. A machinist can modify an S-5 to have a .375x1 inch pin instead of the Excal ball to accommodate a StringTamer. Yes, I have done it (without a collet) for DM as an experiment.
Danny Miller can supply the StringTamer rubbers for the modified shaft. Call DM and ask him if you need more information.
Tink

:idea: Did not make it clear enough that there is enough stock on the S-5 to erase the ball and resize the stem it sits on without installing a pin.
Last edited by TheTinker on Sat May 04, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by newbie »

TheTinker wrote:String-Tamers. A machinist can modify an S-5 to have a .375x1 inch pin instead of the Excal ball to accommodate a StringTamer. Yes, I have done it (without a collet) for DM as an experiment.
Danny Miller can supply the StringTamer rubbers for the modified shaft. Call DM and ask him if you need more information.
Tink
What he said lol. I have 50 or 60 shots on a set of his style stops and no noticeable wear on the rubber baby buggy bumpers.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!