Sad Trip to the Vet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

Sad Trip to the Vet

Post by taz3 »

My dog took ill in February and they (vet) thought it was an infection, I wasn't to happy with the way they were dealing with him, so we found another one. They ran some tests and changed up his meds and he should have been better by now, but this morning he was having trouble breathing, so we called the vet, they said bring him in. Well the worst has happen our Pup Spanky has a tumor and there is nothing they can do for him. The hard part is knowing he's hurting and not being able to help and only a few months ago we could walk and play in the field together. 5 years old is too short for such a great companion. :(
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
Boo

Re: Sad Trip to the Vet

Post by Boo »

Crap! I hate that. Sorry to hear of your baby's troubles..... Dogs are soooo important to me and it breaks my heart to hear things like this. You look in their eyes and you see love that you never get from a human. They really are your BEST friend!
Yep, 5 years is not nearly enough. Taz, my heart goes out to your pup and yourself!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Only 5years. That is not fair. So sorry to hear of your friends health problems. Just so sad when they leave us. Thoughts and a prayer for your family Taz.
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

Possibly look into a second opinion or do some research online. My friend just told me about how his vet said his 12 year old lab was loaded with tumors and only had a few weeks to live. So they treated him to steaks, and burgers, etc. One year later, his dog is still running around chasing balls, etc.

Now, on the other hand, I just had to put my 12 year old Brittany down (not the one on my icon). Had a spleenic tumor. She got to the point where she couldn't stand up, she was breathing heavy, and soiling herself. I knew it was time. Unfortunately, my vet wouldn't come in from home to put her down. So we called another and they said we had to come in right away while the doctor was still there. I couldn't get off work so my wife had to take her in by herself. She shouldn't have had to do that. But maybe I waited too long to have it done. You always second guess yourself in these matters.

So you never know, one way or the other. I did research on mine. Found out a lot of info that helped me understand what was going on with her body. It helped me deal with it better.
Good luck with everything. Stay positive. Hope it all works out for the best. But also prepare yourself for what might be to come.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I feel your pain Taz3 and I understand because our dogs are part of our family ....I cook for them a few times a week other than their dog food .....some of my friends think im dumb for it but I don't care ...I love my dogs and want them to be strong and healthy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Taz3, oh man i hate to hear n read this thread of yer pup. Its heart wrenchin ordeal that never is easy nor does get easy wid'em. Like onebigskiddle, i cook fer mine & can fer them. We fixed up 10 lbs chicken qtrs deboned & canned 12 qts. wid rice peas n carrots. yesterday. I jus feel so bad that yer pup is hurtin you & family hurtin about this
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

sorry about your dog, if it's like mine,it's part of the family. hard thing to go threw. hang in there.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
ldock

Post by ldock »

I know what you mean about your baby. My pets are my babie's now that the kids are grown. I believe when you talk to and love on your animals it is not only good for them but it comforts you also.Will be praying for your pet and also the family as well. These times are hard for all concerned. praying for the best.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm so very very sorry for your news. :( Dogs are never with us long enough, but it's extra tough when they're still in their prime.

I've had to say good bye to many of them in my life.... and it never gets easier. :(

Perhaps a second opinion would offer some hope? Wishing you comfort as you walk through the difficult days ahead.

Moni
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sure sorry to hear the sad news.My thoughts are with you
taz3

Post by taz3 »

Thank you for all the support during this trying time, he is a big part of our family.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
ShooterJohn

Post by ShooterJohn »

A big hug and scratch on the ears - from me and my 2 dogs. Hoping and praying for you and your pup . God Bless ,
- Dog's are mans best friend !

" Carpe Diem"

" Amare parentes tuos "

OFAH , Ducks Unlimited, NRA , WWJD.
volfan

Post by volfan »

Sorry to hear that. We have lost 2 in the recent past and it hurts like hell. They become, at least at my house, a major part of the family and are so much like children. They have so much love to give and they give it so freely. We have to make some hard decisions sometimes and hopefully it will be for their good and not just what we want. :( :( :(
Matrix 355
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Prayers to Spanky. I would be lost without my girls. I relate to them much better than I do to most people.

2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Sorry to hear about your pup :(
My baby boy "Tank" is like one of my children. I've lost a few good dogs in my life time...hurts now to even think about it.
Prayer's for your friend.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"