Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tippe toe

Post by tippe toe »

This is the first time I did this so here I go HELLO EVERONE I never been on a hunting trip I am starting out as a greenhorn I like the matrix 380 and I 'am saving for this I have try to go hunting I never had a dad to show me.
What is bad about this I'm 54
maine hunter

Re: New Member

Post by maine hunter »

First off, welcome!!! There are a lot great excals out there, and a lot of great people on here with a lot of info. And second, you are never to young or old to start hunting, shoot and have fun!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bowmaker

Post by bowmaker »

Well as the saying goes you can't start until you get started. 54 ain't so bad. While the 380 seems like a very nice bow you might think about starting with some thing not quite so powerful and possible unforgiving. I just got my first crossbow, an Axiom, and am learning about things as I go. I am 64 and have been hunting since I was 9 years old. I have used a regular compound and for the last 20 years or so have been building and using wooden stick selfbows. Arthritis has invaded my shoulders and it is very uncomfortable for me to use them now so I made the switch, and got an Iowa disabled crossbow license. The best advice I can give you is get the bow you are comfortable with and learn to shoot it like a pro before you try hunting with it. Once you are very comfortable with your ability to exactly hit your target then it so much easier to concentrate on getting the quarry into a position where you can make that killing shot. Then find a companion who can teach you about what ever game you want to hunt. Learn the bedding habits, feeding habits, mating habits, and every thing in between, then use common sense and safety and go hunting. The biggest thing is learn to shoot before you learn to hunt because the game animals deserve that respect.

Oh by the way welcome to the site! I am a pretty new member here also and have learned an awful lot in just a few months. That info was what lead me to the purchase of the Axiom and how to start shooting it.
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

WARNING!!! You have picked a very addicting hobby. LOL!! Never to late to start, welcome.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
ldock

Post by ldock »

Long story short,you can't go wrong with excaliber. I had an expensive wheeled bow to start with,traded for an excal and got a bow that in my health condition was too much. Talked to Danny Miller and did some swaping and I have a special Danny made vixen I dearly love. It stacks 400 gr arrows as long as I am able to keep going. Moral of the story check out all the bows you can before you spend your money.. I have never regreted getting on this web site nor have I ever regreted getting rid of my heavy expensive wheeled bow good luck.You are in the right place to learn anything and everything especially excaliber. Thanks Larry Almost forgot welcome
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum, try all the models yer interested in then buy when you find the one that flips yer switch!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315

Post by newbie »

Welcome. Good choice with Excalibur. Try some. Get a feel if the different models.there are some smoking deals in used ones right now and dont be afraid of used.They are all great shooters and will take anything you want to hunt in North America.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Welcome, :) and you can't go wrong with an Excalibur. You are in the right place to ask questions, :) there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Just a heads up though, :) make sure that you post things in the right section because they want us to keep this forum cleaned up, :). If you do happen to post something in the wrong section it will get moved in the correct section. :)
Raymond
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Raymond wrote:Welcome, :) and you can't go wrong with an Excalibur. You are in the right place to ask questions, :) there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Just a heads up though, :) make sure that you post things in the right section because they want us to keep this forum cleaned up, :). If you do happen to post something in the wrong section it will get moved in the correct section. :)
Raymond
Bam
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
ranger

Post by ranger »

Welcome to the World of Recurve Crossbow and Welcome to the Forum. A lot off good and Knowledgeable people here...Have fun and find the Excalibur that fits you.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
tippe toe

Post by tippe toe »

You are all so nice to help someone. I have received a lot of info on this Excalibur crossbow I really like THANK YOU ALL SOME MUCH
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

welcome to the forum!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx