Shipping to Canada

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dereck

Shipping to Canada

Post by Dereck »

I keep hearing how much of a hassle to ship to Canada.

I have received two bows from the states never had as much as a hiccup in getting the bows.
There are no extra forms other than an international shipping sticker which is standard to ship to another country.

The only hassle is for the buyer in Canada in Ontario they charge us an HST tax which is a provincial tax.

So for all you guys and gals that won't sell a bow to a member in Canada double check all you have to do is pack it up pay the shipping same as you would to ship in the states.

Just my 2 cents :)
Tenpoint Matrix
vixenmaster

Re: Shipping to Canada

Post by vixenmaster »

X2 I have sold n shippin also bought n received from members in Canada, no problems
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

It depends on the item, if its made in Canada, USA or Mexico there is no duty, only tax, and some times it slips through with nothing. Keep in mind, do Not get caught sending gun parts or bullet components , gun powder or scopes among some other things.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ranger

Post by ranger »

Why can't you ship scopes?
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
TPM

Post by TPM »

It's illegal to export a scope out of the U.S. without the proper export permits.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
ranger

Post by ranger »

Interesting...
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

TPM wrote:It's illegal to export a scope out of the U.S. without the proper export permits.
That sucks what if a guy wanted to sell a crossbow with a scope? take the scope off? maybe that's one reason for not shipping to Canada. I might sell a crossbow soon and I wont be making anything much if at all but, if I take the scope off I would be taking the loss. Heck for those that know me and have received items from me knows I will ship to Canada just as quick as I would the United states.
taz3

Post by taz3 »

onebigskittle wrote:
TPM wrote:It's illegal to export a scope out of the U.S. without the proper export permits.
That sucks what if a guy wanted to sell a crossbow with a scope? take the scope off? maybe that's one reason for not shipping to Canada. I might sell a crossbow soon and I wont be making anything much if at all but, if I take the scope off I would be taking the loss. Heck for those that know me and have received items from me knows I will ship to Canada just as quick as I would the United states.
It's a catch 22 you may want to look into it to get the facts. The scope on its own is a firearm accessory which is illegal to ship without the correct paper work, but when it is on the crossbow it is considered part of the crossbow not a firearm accessory. Now the kicker, when I called our Fedral Police RCMP they told me crossbows are recognized as firearms. :shock: And they can be shipped without any issue from the US to Can though. Confused yet?
The real intention of the firearm accessory law is to prevent folks from buying guns in pieces and assembling them, thus making it an illegal firearm.

Double check to be certain, but I do believe the crossbow can have a scope during shipping.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Thanks taz3 I had a lawyer tell me once anything that can release a projectile is a firearm...so hell when I throw a rock I am a firearm I ask ...I got that your dumb look....the guys at the detention center where I worked wanted to know if they could hunt with a bow ...knowing a gun was out of the question...then I have been told by another lawyer they could ....depends on who your talking to ...That's why I like to see it in writing.
kamont

Post by kamont »

I have purchased scopes from the US, I ship to a border store and drive down to pick items up. I have never had a problem declaring a scope, I was told by US customs that they are looking out for the high tech or military grade scopes and at least at my border crossing have had no issues. I was told by some local fellows that homeland sercurity is sometimes set up on the US side and check before entering Canada they may or maynot confiscate your items.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'm not sure what the regulations are if the scope is attached but I do know when we registered our bows with customs for when we take them to the U.S. the scopes are registered and stickered seperately from the rest of the bow.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Flightattendent sent me a scope last week. Wrote down "archery parts" and it arrived with no problem.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I sent an email request for clarification on the cross border shipping issue.
Here is the email reply from Cabelas.

Response Via Email from Cabelas10/11/2011 04:59 PM
Thank you for your recent email,

The shipment of general optics is not restricted to Canada. However, some manufacturers will not allow us to ship their merchandise to Canada due to their own preference. If you would like to provide the item number(s) of the item(s) you wish to purchase, I would be happy to check for any restrictions.

All depends on distribution rights on our side of the border.
You need to check with a rep. to be sure what can be shipped.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

kamont wrote:I have purchased scopes from the US, I ship to a border store and drive down to pick items up. I have never had a problem declaring a scope, I was told by US customs that they are looking out for the high tech or military grade scopes and at least at my border crossing have had no issues. I was told by some local fellows that homeland sercurity is sometimes set up on the US side and check before entering Canada they may or maynot confiscate your items.

What you have to understand is that its a US export law, not a Canadian law, so sure you can go to the US and buys scopes, gun powder and bullets or bullet components and declare them at Canadian customs and have no problems, they do not care,but get caught in the US and your in deep sheep dip, and they do check parking lots of gun stores for Canadian license plates, and they do check just before you hit the Canadian border, its happened to me and some of my friends.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
TPM

Post by TPM »

Ont_Excal wrote:I sent an email request for clarification on the cross border shipping issue.
Here is the email reply from Cabelas.

Response Via Email from Cabelas10/11/2011 04:59 PM
Thank you for your recent email,

The shipment of general optics is not restricted to Canada. However, some manufacturers will not allow us to ship their merchandise to Canada due to their own preference. If you would like to provide the item number(s) of the item(s) you wish to purchase, I would be happy to check for any restrictions.

All depends on distribution rights on our side of the border.
You need to check with a rep. to be sure what can be shipped.
That more than likely refers to shipping through the Cabela's network from a U.S. store to a Canadian store. Cabela's may not have the distribution rights in Canada for some product lines they sell in the U.S..
There is a plethora of info on line regarding the exporting of scopes from the U.S.. This one sums it up as well as any:

"Exporting Rifle Scopes and Sights to Canada

We do ship riflescopes to Canada; however, there are two steps that must be successfully completed prior to shipping:

An Import Certificate must be obtained from the department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. Click here for additional Canadian import information. You must receive the import certificate prior to us completing the export license application. We can apply for the certificate on your behalf if you wish. If you prefer to complete the information yourself, you will need to click here to begin the process. We have also created a step-by-step guide to assist you. The import certificate typically takes 1-3 days to receive.
Once the import certificate has been received, we will apply for the export license from the United States Department of Commerce can be completed. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks.

We are able to complete both steps on your behalf. We do not charge a fee if the item needing the license, before shipping charges or additional items, is $150 or more. If your order is under $150 there is a NONREFUNDABLE $25 processing fee that must be paid prior to us completing the applications.

We will need the following information when completing this process:

Your full name
Complete address
Phone number
Email address
Reason for purchase – personal or resale
Kind of use – hunting, personal defense, competitive shooting, or other (if other, please specify)

We do not charge for the order prior to shipping only the processing fee if applicable. For more information, including payment guidelines, please go to our general international order page. Please note that Canadian orders must go through the same International Payment Verification process as all other international orders.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected]."

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger