uneven limb deflection

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

figam

uneven limb deflection

Post by figam »

Need some help.
when I cock my xbow(using the cocking string) the limbs bend(deflect) to a different degree(length from a fixed point on the center line of the xbow) moving the center of the xbow string at rest about an inch and a quarter to the left. The xbow appears to shoot OK, but the serving is wearing badly. Is this normal or something I shoud be concerned about?? Thanks!

Have an Exocet 200 purchased in 2009. Love the xbow!! Just want to be sure its OK to use.
Steve Gardner
_woods

Re: uneven limb deflection

Post by _woods »

Sounds like it could be a tiller issue. How long have you had this problem? And are the limb bolts tightened down all the way (string off, equal torque on both)?

Edit: At rest, measure the distance from limb to string on both sides where the limbs meet the riser.
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
figam

Post by figam »

Thanks for the comeback. Bolts are torqued equally, However the left limb is 5/64ths longer at the point where the limbs touch the riser.
Steve Gardner
figam

Post by figam »

sorry, only answered part of your response. Noticed issue last fall. Had not used xbow since 10/09 due to breaking my back when I fell out of a tree when the trunk broke( I was hanging my safety harness). I removed the pads and string last fall to see if that might have something to do with the issue, but it didn't.
Steve Gardner
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

spect wid that much tiller diff you may ck on new set of limbs under warranty. I have couple sets that are 1/8" & 3/16" out. They're able to give me acceptable accuracy out to 40 yds. So i keep them till they get to where i can no longer get decent accuracy, 4" circle at 40 yds.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

If your tiller is off then it will show up as erratic broadhead flight.
The limbs have a propensity towards working their way towards each other on the riser so remove them and reinstall them to make sure they are installed evenly. The bolt hole is a fair bit larger than the bolt so one side may have worked its way inwards more than the other side.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
figam

Post by figam »

Thanks Boo and all others who responded. I now have equal distance between the limbs and the string at the riser and the center of the string does NOT move on the draw. Thanks!!
Steve Gardner
Boo

Post by Boo »

figam wrote:Thanks Boo and all others who responded. I now have equal distance between the limbs and the string at the riser and the center of the string does NOT move on the draw. Thanks!!
It's a miracle! :mrgreen:
Glad it worked out for you!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I learned something new today :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"