trail cam's up yet?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tman74

Re: trail cam's up yet?

Post by tman74 »

Put one of mine up and only 3 critters so far. Date/time is incorrect. :oops:

The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Bullzeye wrote:X-bow rook, which Spypoint did you get, I've had Moultrie, Bushnell and a couple Spypoints, and the Spypoint is the easiest to use.
I have the spypoint IR-A and it absolute sucks! i will never ever own another spypoint again.. i have been messing with it for over 2 hours this morning, and not a single picture.. i am pissed! i follow the exact steps as per the user manual, and nothing.. in the test mode, i get the motion sensor to light up all the time, no problem, all the way out to about 40 feet.. set it to photo mode, NOTHING.. man, i am so ticked right now, i spent alot of money on this thing and nothing to show for it.. i have always had moultrie but went to this one due to the infrared lights rather than the flash... man, so disappointed..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Don't have mine up yet. I will venture out in a couple weeks once the wheat comes off and put them up.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The trail cams have nearly gotten to be another sport for me.I really look foward to getting out there and changing the cards out and getting home to view them. Never can tell whats going to be on them. I had a bobcat on one this go round and a coyote with a about a half grown one with it, and a roadrunner, besides the deer and hogs.I just love it and think it makes hunting a year round thing for me.
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

flightattendant100 wrote:The trail cams have nearly gotten to be another sport for me.I really look foward to getting out there and changing the cards out and getting home to view them. Never can tell whats going to be on them. I had a bobcat on one this go round and a coyote with a about a half grown one with it, and a roadrunner, besides the deer and hogs.I just love it and think it makes hunting a year round thing for me.
oh man i agree 110%!! i consider it a whole sport itself.. my wife gets mad because i normally put the cams up in mid june, then visit them every 2 weeks, swap out the cards ( we have 4 on our property), then i sit in one of our stands for a couple hours, hoping to see something.. i love coming home and checking the pics on the computer ( i have a large flat screen monitor) and seeing just what came to visit my spot.. was late putting them up this year, just got them up last night after getting 2 new Wildgame Innovation trail cams... saw 4 deer that i spooked at close range in the wheat field.. got to my spot where i had my bait block last season and they are STILL hitting it.. i dug a hole about 2' deep and put in a deer scent lix apple flavored molasses block, covered it back up with dirt , put some decomposing logs over it and poured a whole jug of deer co'caine on top.. they LOVE it.. like i said, they are still hitting it and i haven't replenished it since, oh , around November of 2012... can't wait... seen some massive tracks in the mud lately too,, will post pics once i haven 'em
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

flightattendant100 wrote:The trail cams have nearly gotten to be another sport for me.I really look foward to getting out there and changing the cards out and getting home to view them. Never can tell whats going to be on them. I had a bobcat on one this go round and a coyote with a about a half grown one with it, and a roadrunner, besides the deer and hogs.I just love it and think it makes hunting a year round thing for me.

I'm with ya on that, only have 9 out at the moment, will get the rest out soon!
Only time I pull em is Pa rifle season, 1st of the year back out they go, least a few of em, Keeping up with batteries are the issue in freezing weather.
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

xbowrook wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:X-bow rook, which Spypoint did you get, I've had Moultrie, Bushnell and a couple Spypoints, and the Spypoint is the easiest to use.
I have the spypoint IR-A and it absolute sucks! i will never ever own another spypoint again.. i have been messing with it for over 2 hours this morning, and not a single picture.. i am pissed! i follow the exact steps as per the user manual, and nothing.. in the test mode, i get the motion sensor to light up all the time, no problem, all the way out to about 40 feet.. set it to photo mode, NOTHING.. man, i am so ticked right now, i spent alot of money on this thing and nothing to show for it.. i have always had moultrie but went to this one due to the infrared lights rather than the flash... man, so disappointed..

Give Spypoint a call, they have good customer service, if the cam is not too old I am sure they will replace it. You could always try going to their website and upload the latest patch into your cam, it might help.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone