Need help with fletching

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paprof

Need help with fletching

Post by paprof »

Hello everyone,
I've owned my Equinox for about 3 years now. During that time I've accumulated, shall we say, a "number" of arrows that need attention to their fletching. The Equinox sure puts them through the target.

I am ready to take the plunge to get myself kitted out with fletching gear. But, having never done any fletching before, I'm at a loss as to what I need. I've read things about the Bitzenburger (sp?) and have looked at a variety of El Cheapo fletching devices. Basically I just want to return my Firebolts to their factory configuration.

I guess what I'm looking for is a list of what I will need. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
PAprof :D
seabee401

Re: Need help with fletching

Post by seabee401 »

I like to keep it simple. Arizona E-Z Fletch is the way to go IMO. I like Blazer vanes w/ Loctite Gel. Simple and Easy. :wink:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

The E-Z Fletch gets good reviews. I've used a Bitzenburger for years with great results.
Bugflipper

Post by Bugflipper »

I also like the ez fletch bolt better. Had a blitzenberg years ago with regular bow and it was a pain in the butt with all the drying time to do them 3 times. I like gorilla brand super glue that comes in the blue top. After they are fletched I put a drop at each forward point of the vanes. That helps a lot with pass throughs. Usually I'll end up getting a whole bumch of pass throughs before the vanes start looking terrible. They don't tear off though.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Do you see a trend here? The EZ-BOLT is a no brainer. Simple to use and the performance of the Blazer vanes is second to none. I have even used the EZ-BOLT to apply only one vane to a damaged bolt without removing the other vanes. It worked great and the bolt shot just like before. I think your only decision will be the type of glue that you want to use. Everybody has there preference. I prefer the premium fletch tite myself. :D
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Xwhatever on the Az-Ez Bolt, it does a great job w/ lot's of helical, better than a normal Az-Ez w/ rt hand helical, imho.......

For glue, I'm currently using blue top Gorilla super glue, kept in a freezer between useage......
"Eze 18:21"
paprof

Post by paprof »

Thank you gentlemen. I've seen the light, and placed my order today for the EZ fletch bolt. Expecting a nice package from UPS sometime soon. Orange tiger stripe fletching oh my. Definitely more economical than buying new firebolts all the time. Will report on how it goes.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote:Xwhatever on the Az-Ez Bolt, it does a great job w/ lot's of helical, better than a normal Az-Ez w/ rt hand helical, imho.......

For glue, I'm currently using blue top Gorilla super glue, kept in a freezer between useage......

Hey Dan, how long can you store it in the freezer ?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hey Dan, how long can you store it in the freezer ?
To tell the truth, I dunno. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I've kept mine in the (frig, not freezer) for a yr without degradation. Just used it the other day.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Cossack wrote:I've kept mine in the (frig, not freezer) for a yr without degradation. Just used it the other day.
As hot as it is in Arkansas the freezer is probably the temp of your fridge :shock:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Bronzeback

Post by Bronzeback »

seabee401 wrote:I like to keep it simple. Arizona E-Z Fletch is the way to go IMO. I like Blazer vanes w/ Loctite Gel. Simple and Easy. :wink:
Tom

Yep....X2