Changing limbs on Vortex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dave Campbell

Changing limbs on Vortex

Post by Dave Campbell »

Is is practical and or safe to change from the stock 200 pound limbs to heavier poundage limbs. I am new to crossbows so I am probably gonna ask you veterans a lot of questions. Thanks for your advice and patience.
Boo

Re: Changing limbs on Vortex

Post by Boo »

The 200 lb bows have the same limbs as the 225 lb bows. The stroke is where the power comes from.
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

I wouldn't change a thing if you could. Vortex is a well rounded tack driver. I miss mine
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

Yep all the standard excals have the same limbs the length of barrel determines the draw weight. Same limbs on both matrix bows, 380 has a longer barrel than the 355
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

If I could have only one bow (gasp)it would be my Vortex. Shot faster bows (even own one) but none that are more dependable, accurate and deadly.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

Thanks for the responses. Only thing I plan on changing is the string when it needs it.

Been tinkering with Broadheads and have found that the 125 NAP Killzones are more accurate than the 100's. I am shooting the Carbon Express Red Hott bolts. Using the practice blades and they shoot great.

I have shot several other types of crossbows but I am yet to find one that I can work on in the field being that the others all have cams on them and more than one string. Accuracy is unbelievable with my Vortex.