Level bubble on 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rej

Re: Level bubble on 380

Post by rej »

agingcrossbower wrote:That level would also work nicely when setting your scope initially not?

It will. Don't know how anyone else does it but it will likely be similar. Mount scope leaving screws loose enough that scope can be rotated. Shoulder xbow many times and set your eye relief. Set focus for your eye. While doing this get the vertical hair close as you can. Level the xbow on a table or something that is stable. I use wood blocks and shims under the limbs. Hang a weighted string in front of your target(masons line with a plumb bob or a heavy bolt). Get the vertical hair on that string and rotate until the vertical plane matches. Check that xbow is still level. If not make adjustments and go back to scope and finish the vertical. Carefully tighten down scope mounts the way described by Excalibur. Check vertical one more time. This gives a very precision mounting and eliminates some variables in your search for accuracy.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

agingcrossbower wrote:That level would also work nicely when setting your scope initially not?
If it matches w/ a torpedo across the rail. I have some experience to share. I once fitted a non-Excal level to a dovetail, the level only had one hole.

To keep it from spinning, I filed a notch in the bottom and butted it against the rear edge of the rt side dovetail. That took 15-20 minutes, getting it to read level [w/ torpedo on riser] well over an hour.

I now just use a torpedo to mount the scope, check it on a hung line and eyeball the vert xhair plumb as I sight the xbow.

I'm going to fetch a torpedo to Boofest in a week or so and check out Don's installation, just to satisfy my curiosity if they match up. I have my doubts, and seriously doubt it will matter much if they don't. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

[quote="awshucks"][quote="agingcrossbower"]That level would also work nicely when setting your scope initially not?[/quote]

If it matches w/ a torpedo across the rail. I have some experience to share. I once fitted a non-Excal level to a dovetail, the level only had one hole.

To keep it from spinning, I filed a notch in the bottom and butted it against the rear edge of the rt side dovetail. That took 15-20 minutes, getting it to read level [w/ torpedo on riser] well over an hour.

I now just use a torpedo to mount the scope, check it on a hung line and eyeball the vert xhair plumb as I sight the xbow.

I'm going to fetch a torpedo to Boofest in a week or so and check out Don's installation, just to satisfy my curiosity if they match up. I have my doubts, and seriously doubt it will matter much if they don't. :mrgreen:[/quote

I did this for my vertical line .came out perfect ,Im still gonna use a scope level for accuracy purposes on paper .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.