Arrow Wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Backstraps

Arrow Wraps

Post by Backstraps »

This might be a dumb question but I don't know the answer so I am going to ask it anyway. Do arrow wraps help at all or are they simply a cool place to advertise or add designs to the bolt?
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Deaf jeff

Re: Arrow Wraps

Post by Deaf jeff »

in the past I have had members of this forum tell me that the only dumb question is the one not asked.

I don't make arrows but thinking about trying it. the wraps I believe are only for looks. I could be wrong and I am sure someone that's knows more about the wraps will speak up
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Fer the most part wraps are the cool factor! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

I have two kinds of wraps that impress me, one is reflective and the other glows in the dark after light (flashlight) hits it. Both are great for finding your arrow after letting the air out of a deer.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

I really like that idea of using the wraps to help find arrows after the shot.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

xcaliber wrote:I use the shrink on type because they do make it easier to find the arrow, or bolt, and when you have to strip off the vanes for a redo, it's a snap, and no lumpy glue residue to clean off.. Oh, they look real nice too! 8)
Bingo. They make refleching a breeze.
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

the logic seems sound and it certainly sounds like it would make bolt easier to find. Is it common practice for arrow builders to use wraps or is that something I would have to request when ordering bolts from somewhere like south shore?
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Dave Campbell

Post by Dave Campbell »

I wrap and fletch my bolts and arrows for friends. I find that I am getting a much better bond with the glue when using the wraps. Acetone the shaft to get it clean and let dry, then roll on the wrap. Eliminates sanding and the mess it makes. To each his own. I like them on mine. Not necessary though.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Have done both wraps and cresting to 'pretty' my arrows back when. But, I like to shoot to much. The constant hassle of removing either to refletch, as well as the pretty getting scratched by the barrel channel, caused me to quit. Still have several special hunt arows crested, otherwise I fletch mine with florescent vanes, they shine in the dark under black light making finding arrows easier .
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Backstraps

Post by Backstraps »

Does anybody use the shrink on wraps with the vanes already attached like the NAP quckfletch? It seems like a quick way to refletch an arrow without the expense of a jig. Just wondering about the drawbacks of these systems.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Backstraps wrote:Does anybody use the shrink on wraps with the vanes already attached like the NAP quckfletch? It seems like a quick way to refletch an arrow without the expense of a jig. Just wondering about the drawbacks of these systems.

I've used them successfully, extremely easy to do just dip slowly to eliminate getting air bubbles.

As for it being less expensive I guess it depends how much you shoot. A jig is $40US plus $5 for glue and about $0.15 per vane, of course once you have the jig all you need is vanes and glue. If I remember correctly the Quick Fletch Wraps are $20 for six, so if you quick fletch a dozen arrows it will cost you the price of the jig.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone