For those new to Lumenocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

For those new to Lumenocks

Post by Bullzeye »

So aside from how well they work and how using a pair of Danny Millers pliars makes turning them off much easier I wanted to add something I recently learned(for those that did not already know). When you turn them off after a day of shooting make sure you pull the lumenock out at least a quarter inch or arcing can occur.
This happened to me the other day when I was putting my arrows away in my storage box, I gave them a tug and they turned off, later that evening I walked past my arrows and noticed to my surprise one was on after I turned it off.
I called the company and this was the response I got.
"While shooting, it is only necessary to back the nock out approximately a thumbnail’s width to turn the light off and be ready to shoot again.  When putting the arrows up for the night, week, etc., I recommend you back the nocks out of the shaft ¼” or more so that there is no arcing between the contact wires of the nock and the arrow."
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Re: For those new to Lumenocks

Post by Ont_Excal »

Now that's good to know...............thanks much!!

That info is not provided in the literature that came with my nocks.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Bullzeye wrote:So aside from how well they work and how using a pair of Danny Millers pliars makes turning them off much easier I wanted to add something I recently learned(for those that did not already know). When you turn them off after a day of shooting make sure you pull the lumenock out at least a quarter inch or arcing can occur.
This happened to me the other day when I was putting my arrows away in my storage box, I gave them a tug and they turned off, later that evening I walked past my arrows and noticed to my surprise one was on after I turned it off.
I called the company and this was the response I got.
"While shooting, it is only necessary to back the nock out approximately a thumbnail’s width to turn the light off and be ready to shoot again.  When putting the arrows up for the night, week, etc., I recommend you back the nocks out of the shaft ¼” or more so that there is no arcing between the contact wires of the nock and the arrow."
So that is what happened to a couple of mine then. That explains it. Thanks for posting that info. You would think that the company would include that with their product. I will be doing that with the rest of my Lumenok from now on.
Thanks,
Raymond
Big John

Post by Big John »

I am available for anyone who needs more info on them as well. Or catalogs, I will send you free. As well as installation procedures for those who wish to buy their own. If you buy arrows from me you will get a better deal than retail on them also. But anyone who use's them, if you use them correctly they are beauty, and must remain tight! You should not be able to turn them off with your fingers. Unless they are well worn. Then there is an easy fix to tighten them up again.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Big John wrote:I am available for anyone who needs more info on them as well. Or catalogs, I will send you free. As well as installation procedures for those who wish to buy their own. If you buy arrows from me you will get a better deal than retail on them also. But anyone who use's them, if you use them correctly they are beauty, and must remain tight! You should not be able to turn them off with your fingers. Unless they are well worn. Then there is an easy fix to tighten them up again.

Big John
Hey John,
Mine are all tight. To turn them off I use the Danny Miller Arrow Puller. What is the easy fix to tighten them up again if they become loose? Thanks for your response.
Raymond
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

Big John wrote:I am available for anyone who needs more info on them as well. Or catalogs, I will send you free. As well as installation procedures for those who wish to buy their own. If you buy arrows from me you will get a better deal than retail on them also. But anyone who use's them, if you use them correctly they are beauty, and must remain tight! You should not be able to turn them off with your fingers. Unless they are well worn. Then there is an easy fix to tighten them up again.

Big John
Dang John Now I has to go back to the wife an tell her I needs special pliers? You realize she is taller than me right, I.E. her kickin range is greater than my escape ability :mrgreen:
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Cherokeeson wrote:

Big John
Dang John Now I has to go back to the wife an tell her I needs special pliers? You realize she is taller than me right, I.E. her kickin range is greater than my escape ability
:mrgreen:

Just don't tell her . :lol: :lol:

U aint scart are ya ?Do what i do spend mad money ,she will never find out :lol: :lol: .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

steve rodo wrote:
Cherokeeson wrote:

Big John
Dang John Now I has to go back to the wife an tell her I needs special pliers? You realize she is taller than me right, I.E. her kickin range is greater than my escape ability
:mrgreen:

Just don't tell her . :lol: :lol:

U aint scart are ya ?Do what i do spend mad money ,she will never find out :lol: :lol: .
I can here her now. "Hey What's that Red Glow comin' from under the Cave Door...
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Big John

Post by Big John »

First of all Folks, the info that comes with them in retail tells how to turn them off if they are Vert Bow arrows. To turn off Crossbow arrows they are a bit tighter and not much to grab onto. So if you don't have Danny Miller arrow remover pliers their is another cheap fix. :wink:
Remember also that they should remain tight enough that it is hard to turn on pushing them into your palm. 20-40 lbs, pressure.
So, turning them off requires a bit of force.
Take a pair of cheap dollar store pliers and put dual wall shrink tubing from the auto department on the ends and shrink them on to cover the metal from biting into the Lumenock, or wrap with electrical tape. Then grab the Lumenock, that is turned on, firmly with pliers and pull the arrow downward and away from them applying a very slight 1/16"in. turn. Very slight. And stop as soon as the light goes off. Continue shooting. Then when storing them for a period, pull them out a 1/8"in. further. When after many shots they seem to be getting lose, put a thin piece of 1/8"in. wide paper between the nock and shaft then re-insert. Cut off the excess. Make sure the paper does not touch the contact pins. Or you can use a piece of dental floss or thread and do same instructions.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 2.jpg.html]Image

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 3.jpg.html]Image

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 6.jpg.html]Image

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

Thanks

Good information to know.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

I learned about this the hard way. :? The old ones are great for practicing with a match weight nock.
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

New batteries are not to expensive thankfully.

Good tutorial John !
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I never would have thought about that. Good idea John, thanks for sharing.
Raymond
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Bullzeye ... Thank You for the heads-up. That's good information to know.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Big John wrote:First of all Folks, the info that comes with them in retail tells how to turn them off if they are Vert Bow arrows. To turn off Crossbow arrows they are a bit tighter and not much to grab onto. So if you don't have Danny Miller arrow remover pliers their is another cheap fix. :wink:
Remember also that they should remain tight enough that it is hard to turn on pushing them into your palm. 20-40 lbs, pressure.
So, turning them off requires a bit of force.
Take a pair of cheap dollar store pliers and put dual wall shrink tubing from the auto department on the ends and shrink them on to cover the metal from biting into the Lumenock, or wrap with electrical tape. Then grab the Lumenock, that is turned on, firmly with pliers and pull the arrow downward and away from them applying a very slight 1/16"in. turn. Very slight. And stop as soon as the light goes off. Continue shooting. Then when storing them for a period, pull them out a 1/8"in. further. When after many shots they seem to be getting lose, put a thin piece of 1/8"in. wide paper between the nock and shaft then re-insert. Cut off the excess. Make sure the paper does not touch the contact pins. Or you can use a piece of dental floss or thread and do same instructions.

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 2.jpg.html]Image

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 3.jpg.html]Image

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/RemExcs ... 6.jpg.html]Image

Big John
Hey Big John,
In this sentence, "Then grab the Lumenock, that is turned on, firmly with pliers and pull the arrow downward and away from them applying a very slight 1/16"in. turn."

Why do you need to give it a very slight 1/16" turn? I know there must be a specific reason for that, and I am just curious to know why. I haven't been doing that but will definitely be doing it from now on. That is what is so great about this forum, you learn so much from sharing.

Thank you,
Raymond