matrix 355 advice, please

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deaf jeff

matrix 355 advice, please

Post by Deaf jeff »

I have had my 355 for a couple of weeks now and originally had planned to wait for danny millers buggy bumpers before shooting it, I have not gotten the bumpers yet and the urge to shoot it is to great and would like to shoot sometime this weekend. I had planned to use the bumpers as my guide as to where to place the string(2 string widths off of bumpers) but with out the bumpers I have no idea of where the string should be. can someone help me, how far above the bow/rail connection joint should the string be without using the bumpers? thanks,
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
hummer

Re: matrix 355 advice, please

Post by hummer »

Hey Jeff. I just measured mine (I've got the REDS bumpers) - set the front of the string 5/8" from the riser/rail joint. Then get out there & shoot! :)
Matrix 355
TriggerTech Matrix Hunter
BEA Executioners
Wac'em Exits
String by Vixenmaster
strum

Post by strum »

jeff .. the standard I think is 1 1/8" from the joint..thats a bout as low as you would want..i know some used to use a 1" for the most stroke .on my excocet the low line is 1" .. my thoughts are set your string at 1 3/4" to start.
of course your string will creep some so youll be goo to shoot..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
strum

Post by strum »

strum wrote:jeff .. the standard I think is 1 1/8" from the joint..thats a bout as low as you would want..i know some used to use a 1" for the most stroke .on my excocet the low line is 1" .. my thoughts are set your string at 1 3/4" to start.
of course your string will creep some so youll be goo to shoot..
well maybe im off on this one..the matrix could be lower...I didn't expect 5/8" :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

3/4"
Some people just like stepping on rakes
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Deaf jeff wrote:I have had my 355 for a couple of weeks now and originally had planned to wait for danny millers buggy bumpers before shooting it, I have not gotten the bumpers yet and the urge to shoot it is to great and would like to shoot sometime this weekend. I had planned to use the bumpers as my guide as to where to place the string(2 string widths off of bumpers) but with out the bumpers I have no idea of where the string should be. can someone help me, how far above the bow/rail connection joint should the string be without using the bumpers? thanks,
Question: Danny Millers buggy bumpers, do they have different bumpers then Excalibur's?

Do they look like these Norway string tamer replacement stoppers? Image

Thank you,
Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's

Post by newbie »

thats what they look like yup.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!