New matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lake Hunter

New matrix 380

Post by Lake Hunter »

Just come inside from shooting my new 380 and was going to give my thoughts.. I was shooting the BLack eagle bolts with the 110 brass inserts and it was extremly accurate with those out to 40 yards which is as far as i shot it..The bow itself is very compact and very balanced compared to my other excal's i own...Now to the scope! I like the layout of the reticles just fine but mine is hazzy around the edges unles you get it just right and i dont care much for that...It is louder but with a shorter duration than my other excals and there wasnt much shock or vibration at all! The trigger was really good on mine.. Fairly light with little creep.. Soo im very please with it..I want to thank vixenmaster for the string he built me for it! Its looks and shoots great!
Riflemanz

Re: New matrix 380

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on the 380! You don't happen to know my buddy named The Duke do you?He's a retired fire fighter.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

I dont think i have met him but i have only lived her for a few years..
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on gettina fine Matrix 380. I knowed the local deer want to thank you also as they like accurate Excals giggin them! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

Thanks .. I have realy picked up alot of helpful info from you guys :)
RIhunter

Post by RIhunter »

All these guys are great on the forum they are such a wealth of knowledge there is a lot of good string makers also boo,xcaliber ,vixenmaster just to name a couple that I know of :D
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your new Matrix 380, try moving your scope as far back as you can this seemed to help me with the haziness of my Taczone scope. I'm not sold on my mine yet I'm going to see how I like it hunting before I switch it out.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
turbo

Post by turbo »

Congrats on new crossbow-I too just got mine a month ago and love it.As for the scope,in my opinion it doesn't make the quality of the rest of the crossbow or accessories.I up graded mine with the Twilight DLX. and am now happy.Was shooting on Sat over chrony,mine with stock diablo arrows , 125gr field pts and stock string goes 359 FPS :)
LIVING THE DREAM
Lake Hunter

Post by Lake Hunter »

I moved the scope back and it helped... Still not sold on it yet but I love the 380! Shot it at 60 yards today and man that thing really stacks em!
Ghostman

Post by Ghostman »

My son just bought a blackout 380. The bow itself is real nice but I'm not to enthused about the accessories. I was worried about cocking it but its not to bad. It definately is harder to cock and is louder than my Exomax.

The tactzone scope is very critical of eye relief and head position or you will get distortion and fisheye. I also had a little bit of a problem with the elevation and windage adjustments but it works for now. The tTactzone will be replaced with a Hawke XB30 Compact when he gets some money.

The diablo arrows are to light in my opinion. Easton should have used brass inserts in them for more weight and FOC instead of Excal supplying 150 grain field points. Besides Excal who make a 150 grain broadhead? ....nobody. Probably going to order some BEE and use 125 grain heads.

Overall the Matrix is a pretty nice bow that can be made much better with upgraded scope and arrows. I doubt I'd sell my Exomax to buy a Matrix but I probably will add one to my stable sometime in the near future.
Excalibur Exomax
Scorpyd Vent.
TenPoint Stealth SS
Hawke Scopes
BEE Arrows
Flex Fletch Vanes
Rocket & Slick Trick Broadheads
KGDPD

Post by KGDPD »

Slick Tricks is making 150 and 175 crossbow broadheads.