top mt quiver bracket

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Re: top mt quiver bracket

Post by jody5252 »

mr meat wrote:
Backstraps wrote:
mr meat wrote:i have two of Dannys and they are nice!
Do they mount over the center of the bow like the munch mount or off to the side like the Bohning?
Newbie has the answer looks just like that
mr. munch offers a single post, it has a type of washer that you can mount it over they s5 system (aluminum I believe. not sure.) The bracket is "L" shaped. you can mount it parallel to the limbs or with the barrel. danny millers mount may only be able to mount parallel with limbs. I am not certain of this. I am most likely going with the munch mount.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Bullzeye wrote:When did they stop selling them individually at Wyvern ?? I got one a couple months ago. I wonder why they stopped selling them individually.
not sure. I looked at there web site for the mount and they showed it with the package only. (Excalibur mini system) only available when purchasing this package...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I just put a Munch Mount on my 380, I like it and the are some obvious advantages, and there are some draw backs. A bit top heavy, arrows need to be loaded from the very front of the bow, matrix has a short rail and long retention spring...not the best for loading when arrows are tipped with a broadhead. A single post would eliminate the last drawback.

Here is what I like about the bohning top mount. Very lightweight, weight is closer to your hands, less top heavy, easier to load arrows without interference. I don't like how it is mounted to the sight rail, possibly adding enough weight/vibration to have an impact on the scope. Time will tell.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits

Post by newbie »

Do they mount over the center of the bow like the munch mount or off to the side like the Bohning?[/quote]
Newbie has the answer looks just like that[/quote]
mr. munch offers a single post, it has a type of washer that you can mount it over they s5 system (aluminum I believe. not sure.) The bracket is "L" shaped. you can mount it parallel to the limbs or with the barrel. danny millers mount may only be able to mount parallel with limbs. I am not certain of this. I am most likely going with the munch mount.[/quote]
Dannys will mount whatever position you want.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

How do you order a Munch top mount? Does anyone have a phone# or web page.

Post by newbie »

pm him here.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I looked at there web site for the mount and they showed it with the package only. (Excalibur mini system) only available when purchasing this package...
Did you call ? I'd be surprised if Dave would not sell you one, he's a great guy.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Bullzeye wrote:
I looked at there web site for the mount and they showed it with the package only. (Excalibur mini system) only available when purchasing this package...
Did you call ? I'd be surprised if Dave would not sell you one, he's a great guy.
Wyvern no longer shows it for sale. He does sell the Bohning separately.
It's likely getting more costly to have accessories custom made.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

But if its available in the kit its odd its not available on its own, unless he only has a few left and is adding the last ones to the kit to make the kits look more attractive. I'd still give Dave a call.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
munch

Post by munch »

Something you may want to try with a munchmounts . If you are right handed support your bow with left hand , slide the broadhead up between the posts and then back under ate spring . My wife and daughter have mastered the trick and have no problems at 3d shoots . Also the mount should allow you to stand your bow up right resting on the sturup and end of the quiver . It will also allow you to add a camera bracket to video your hints . If your pointing at the animal your videoing your hunt
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Bullzeye wrote:But if its available in the kit its odd its not available on its own, unless he only has a few left and is adding the last ones to the kit to make the kits look more attractive. I'd still give Dave a call.
My thinking is that there is no profit in selling the mount alone.
In a package deal the profit margin is in the bow so shipping is worth the while, unlike the mount alone.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

That makes sense.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Bullzeye wrote:
no I did not call them. guess I should of got it the first time I saw it... oh well. going to go with a single post mount...