Shortest Recovery wid Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Shortest Recovery wid Crossbow

Post by vixenmaster »

Mine was last yr a Doe. She never took anutter step after bein hit by a RazorTrick 100gr

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Oppie

Re: Shortest Recovery wid Crossbow

Post by Oppie »

Nice!
I had a couple with my vertical bow that did that, tipped over right where they stood :lol: :lol:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
munch

Post by munch »

mike i was crippled up with a bad arm last fall and was hunting in the rain when one walked under the stand .i could not drag one threw the bush and did not want to look for a blood trail in the rain so poked it under the stand. it fell over close enough to the stand i could spit on it .sure made the recovery job easy
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

This Old Island (Blacktail) Retrograde Buck:

I was out in the morning with a Buddy who tipped over a very nice buck himself. We recovered that, and were headed home when the snow started to fall - not all that common here. So after getting his deer skinned and hung, I decided to go out again after a good 4 point I knew of pretty close to town...

Heavy snow falling, something inside me suggested I hunt downhill that day rather than up. Creeped along about 300 yards down the trail, and found I had closed right in on a mature (BIG!) feeding doe. Watched her from < 40 yards for 20 minutes, decided that she either had a bambi or one of The Ladz nearby in the direction she eventually wandered into the timber...

I closed to that location as quietly as possible (Damn Quiet in the fresh snow that is) and peered into the jungle she had disappeared in to. Instantly saw antlers peeking over the top of a downed log, and readied the Exomax. When he stood, he was on Full Red Alert at 25 or so yards, staring wide-eyed right at me. I could only see his antlers, head and a bit of the neck - no chest. Centered the bow on his throat patch and let fly. The Boltcutter severed his windpipe, one jugular, and spine before exiting (never did find that one...). Dropped like the proverbial Sack Of Hammers right back into his bed! :D

I was elated, as this was the Largest Bodied Blacktail I have ever taken. Then realized I was 300 yards DOWNHILL! Ugh! Took this aging body over two hours to drag him out (of course had forgotten the pack). My partner asked when I eventually called why I did not call him for help, noting I could have had a heart attack. Pride was the first answer. And Well if that's the way I go methinks at least it would be doing something I Love! :wink:

Straight Shooting Folks! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

IronNoggin wrote:Centered the bow on his throat patch and let fly.
I did the same with my ExoMax on a doe at roughly the same distance. I didn't get a pass through. I made a deer shish kabob. Just like yours, she dropped in her tracks. Nice buck there.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

A spine shot for me 3-4 years ago on a nice nine point with a vertical bow an dropped on the spot at 40 yds . I hit him high like a lot of deer I shot. oops didn,t see the crossbow part :shock: 30 yds for me.
BryanOney

Post by BryanOney »

A few years ago as dusk was rapidly approaching I shot at a good sized doe feeding on acorns at 15 yds broadside. At the shot she flinched, stood there for a few seconds, took a couple steps and started nosing around for more acorns. I thought FRICK, how did I miss her. I could see the arrow sticking in the ground. I figured I shot under her. As I stealthily tried to cock my Vixen without alarming the doe I heard a crash. I looked over and she was down. She gave a couple little kicks and it was over. I had heard of this happening to others, but this is the only time I ever experienced it. the deer did not know she was shot. The new razorback 5 I was using must have been nice and sharp.
Dan/kingfish

Post by Dan/kingfish »

Spine shot with a vertical bow on a doe, maybe two steps, severed an artery because the blood was plentiful. 2nd was a 6 point directly below the stand, started to get scent I suspect and he got twitchy so I took the shot, another spine shot, dropped where he stood. I prefer double lung and wouldn't attempt a spine again.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Kathys first deer about 15yds and hit the spine fell right over that was with my old exocet 175!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Hit one about like you did Vixen last year. Same result. It dropped on the spot and that was that.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><