New owner of Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sigs4us

New owner of Matrix 380

Post by sigs4us »

Hello,

New to crossbow shooting and I was originally saving up for the Eclipse XT when word came out on the Matrix 380 Blackout. I am glad I was delayed by having to save up for the XT. I really like the dimensions on the Matrix. It is a lot easier for me to shoulder. New Mexico changed their hunting regulation so that I (100% Disabled Veteran mobility impaired) can use a crossbow during Archery only season. The only draw back was a magnifying optic is not allowed during archery only season. Well I was disappointed to learn that NM Game and Fish said that the TACT Zone scope could be considered a magnifying optic as everyone but me knows it uses magnification to adjust for FPS. Good news for me my wife likes EOTech on her AR-15 and purchased a EOTech 512.xbow for my Matrix 380. Just waiting on the sight which should be here within the week. Can anyone help me out with the fps with 18" Diablos and 150 Bolt Cutters (B.A.T.) out of the Matrix 380? I need this for ranging the EOTtech.

King Regards
Richard
mr meat

Re: New owner of Matrix 380

Post by mr meat »

congrats on the bow! welcome to the forum! and some one will have your question answered shortly
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Mine shot the diablo's with 150gr heads at 343fps. I believe total arrow weight is about 400gr. I've heard most others are between that 340- 350 fps. Enjoy the bow, you're going to love it.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
sigs4us

Post by sigs4us »

Thank you for the FPS "Racking Up The Points" All I need to do is get a target. Looking forward to being involved with this forum and my Matrix 380
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

Congrats on the purchase - you won't be disappointed.

On a total tangent great to have someone from NM on the forum. I do a road trip to NM every 2 or 3 years. Love Carlsbad and the caverns, also a bit of of a sic-fi nut, so Roswell is always fun.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
turbo

Post by turbo »

I too just got a 380 3wks ago,I shoot the diablo arrow with 125gr broadhead.My speed is 359 FPS.Hope this helps.Congrats on a great crossbow,you didn't go wrong getting a Matrix
LIVING THE DREAM
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Welcome. First off thanks for your service and welcome home. My son is presently in the military and I am proud .I also am a owner of a new Matrix 380.Lots of info here .I wonder if their is a chart or some way to calculate arrow speed .I spend lots of time reading ballistic charts for my firearms. Surely there are some for bows. I shoot long range rifles and reload for several weapons. I will be building my own arrows and on paper(for a starting point) is always better that trial and error. I have a Eotech that is NV compatible I plan to use for a little nite hunting of hogs and coyotes. You might check out the Swacker mechanical broadheads they fly great and hit hard. Check out their video on their site . Good luck .
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String