i hate to admitted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mudman#1

Re: i hate to admitted

Post by mudman#1 »

the limbs are the same as the ibex ,or any other but the matrix, can I shorten the rail,im not much of a machinist
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The diff is in the rail length, not the limbs. They are the same for the most part.

You need a Phoenix........ :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I believe that you will find that all of the Excals use the same limbs and the difference in the amount of power need for the cocking comes from the length of the stroke.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Your cheapest option may be shortening the rail.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

mudman#1 wrote:I tied about 6 knots under each handle,dont know how much in inces ,but the last time I felt something pop in my right mussel ,I figured that was enough for me ,can I change limbs,i wish on me ,but the bow
Limbs are all the same on regular line Excals, its the mainframe/rail that changes poundage! Crank it or sell & get a sweet 150-175lb model
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mudman#1

Post by mudman#1 »

I guess I will get a different bow,i never took it into consideration that I couldn't draw it, I guess my younger days are catching up, is there a certain amount of post I have to have to sell or trade on this forum
Jim M

Post by Jim M »

Call Danny Miller and see if he will swap rails with you and get a Phoenix or Vixen rail. That would be the cheapest, and IMO opinion the best option.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jim M wrote:Call Danny Miller and see if he will swap rails with you and get a Phoenix or Vixen rail. That would be the cheapest, and IMO opinion the best option.
I agree call Danny Miller & swap out yer Equinox mainframe/rail to a smaller poundage if'en he has one in alum. Like its been said you can always have rail machined shorter. Hey we all will go thru gettin older n weaker. I shot the Matrix 380 enornous has & it were stout.I had my 5th disc let go last yr & i can tell its taken a toll on me back & strength i had. Now its all in my arms n legs, one of the reasons i sold my E'max, gotten too hard fer me to cock the long power stroke
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mudman#1

Post by mudman#1 »

well I came up with an ideal, as soon as it stops raining ,im going to put a screw in step in a tree, I made a foot puller, if it works I will have tree steps all over the woods and a few in my pocket. This is not something I would try in the tree. I do wear hunters safety system I might it in a tree
all of you all have been very helpful, and I thank you, if the rest of the world would follow the bond hunters have it would be a nicer place. Again thank you
rshook

Post by rshook »

vixenmaster wrote:
mudman#1 wrote:I tied about 6 knots under each handle,dont know how much in inces ,but the last time I felt something pop in my right mussel ,I figured that was enough for me ,can I change limbs,i wish on me ,but the bow
Limbs are all the same on regular line Excals, its the mainframe/rail that changes poundage! Crank it or sell & get a sweet 150-175lb model
My friend I also have the same health limitations as you and as I went to my friends shop to pick up the Exocet that I ordered off him I asked if I could get the Phoenix instead. He was ok with my change of xbows and I'm very glad I made the change and took home a Phoenix. I have no problems drawing it back using the rope cocker and am still very confident it will take down all of North Americas big game.
You don't need a Tomahawk missile to take down deer, turkey and bear. Be happy that you are still able to get out and archery hunt even if its a 175 lb xbow. I certainly am. :D
Excalibur Phoenix
Firebolt Lumenock Bolts
Grim Reaper X-Bolt Broadheads 125 grain
Custom Flemish Strings by Xcalibur
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

steve rodo wrote:Yes sure can .
Search c2 crank in search box.
I 2nd that motion Crank that is!!!! :D
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Bullzeye wrote:I use a C2 due to heath issues, quite a few people here do, they are a bit pricey but work great. Make sure you get the correct one, the older model bows use the Crankaroo and the newer ones use the C2. I believe the C2 is for 2008 models and newer.

It is noisy if used as designed, but if you disengage the cog you can crank it with no noise, just do not let go of the handle while cranking of you will get a painfull lesson lol.

whats also nice about the crank is you always get consistent string alignment when cocking your bow.

If your in the US ,give Dan Miller a call, I think he sells them for $130, over my way they are $200 with tax :shock: :shock: :shock:
Hey Bullzeye you're no fun about not letting go of the handle :lol: I came close one time but no not again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I let it slip once, gave my knuckles a hell of a whack, been Extra careful ever since.lol
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
trashedback

Post by trashedback »

robertyb wrote:It is best to cock the bow on the ground and then pull it up and load it after you are settled into your stand. I did carry my C2 crank up the tree with me just in case but never needed a second shot.
Look around if you are going to buy one. I found one for $100 shipped new in package off eBay when I bought mine. I see them on here and other crossbow sites for sale sometimes also in the classifieds/trading posts.

Ask in the trading post here. Would not surprise me if one of the guys has a spare laying around.

There's 2 of them listed right now on ebay...just type in excalibur crossbow and scroll down. :roll:
strum

Post by strum »

mudman#1 wrote:well I came up with an ideal, as soon as it stops raining ,im going to put a screw in step in a tree, I made a foot puller, if it works I will have tree steps all over the woods and a few in my pocket. This is not something I would try in the tree. I do wear hunters safety system I might it in a tree
all of you all have been very helpful, and I thank you, if the rest of the world would follow the bond hunters have it would be a nicer place. Again thank you
mudman,
im not sure what your thinking here but it does not sound safe .
please be careful.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16