Plastic Nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jh45gun1

Re: Plastic Nocks

Post by jh45gun1 »

I like the idea of the Parker Capture nocks as they cover the top and bottom of the string. No going over or under. I just looked at my Wolverine I think they would work but not sure I know they will for my Parker as they were designed for it. Parker does use a top latch trigger system.

Do you think these would work with an Excalibur trigger?
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I ordered some GT Laser II arrows recently and when I got them I wasn't too happy with the way they came in. The front brass inserts were already glued in and the back nocks were plastic. :x I've been shooting Luminoks for several years without any issues, but still wanted the regular aluminum flat back nocks. I had to put in another order for some stuff, so when I did, I ordered a dozen aluminum back nocks. No real reason other than just call me an old fart resistant to change. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Big58cal wrote:I ordered some GT Laser II arrows recently and when I got them I wasn't too happy with the way they came in. The front brass inserts were already glued in and the back nocks were plastic. :x I've been shooting Luminoks for several years without any issues, but still wanted the regular aluminum flat back nocks. I had to put in another order for some stuff, so when I did, I ordered a dozen aluminum back nocks. No real reason other than just call me an old fart resistant to change. :lol:
Ah! A Curmudgeon! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Boo wrote:Ah! A Curmudgeon! :mrgreen:
You have no idea........... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That doesn't even scratch the surface. :mrgreen:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
BoltCutter

Post by BoltCutter »

Big58cal wrote:I ordered some GT Laser II arrows recently and when I got them I wasn't too happy with the way they came in. The front brass inserts were already glued in and the back nocks were plastic. :x I've been shooting Luminoks for several years without any issues, but still wanted the regular aluminum flat back nocks. I had to put in another order for some stuff, so when I did, I ordered a dozen aluminum back nocks. No real reason other than just call me an old fart resistant to change. :lol:
It sounds like you had exactly the same reaction as me when my first set arrived a few days ago haha, needless to say i am also going to be swapping the plastic nocks out for aluminium after some thought :)
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II
Boo

Post by Boo »

BoltCutter wrote:
It sounds like you had exactly the same reaction as me when my first set arrived a few days ago haha, needless to say i am also going to be swapping the plastic nocks out for aluminium after some thought :)
When you do swap them out don't be surprised when you smell something burning on every shot.
BoltCutter

Post by BoltCutter »

Boo wrote:
BoltCutter wrote:
When you do swap them out don't be surprised when you smell something burning on every shot.
Oh how come? Is it not a good idea?
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II
Boo

Post by Boo »

No big deal, it's the aluminum nock riding along the aluminum arra channel. It's pretty well to be expected.
BoltCutter

Post by BoltCutter »

Boo wrote:No big deal, it's the aluminum nock riding along the aluminum arra channel. It's pretty well to be expected.
Ahhh i see :) mine has a SMF anyway so it shouldnt be a problem!
Ibex SMF
Gold Tip Laser II