go hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckinnuts

go hunting

Post by buckinnuts »

My pa season wont come in for about a month..but marylands season opens september 6th...i wll be in a tree by 5:15 a.m.....yeah baby need to get out and relax :D
GO STEELERS! GO PENGUINS!...I bleed black n gold!
vixenmaster

Re: go hunting

Post by vixenmaster »

Spect you better turn in & get some sleep cause it ain't long til the 6th will be comin in! Good luck
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
duke19ex

Post by duke19ex »

Gearing up for MD season too. I'll be out tomorrow afternoon and sat morn for the first time with a crossbow
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

I have to get up in 5 hours to sit in my stand. Good luck in the morning.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
buckinnuts

Post by buckinnuts »

Well carried the excalibur around...seen no deer...to many hunters where i was..saw lots of encouraging sgns...wont be back out till wednesday
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

We were out this morning an my youngest son an I each see one small doe an my older son seen 9 doe an had deer all around him but no bucks. I went out this evening an seen 1 big doe an two small ones with spots an plenty of skeeters an wish I had took my thermecell :shock: everything I seen was going in the corn or coming out of it. an we have lots of corn !
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I just called my older son an I seen his truck parked where I hunt an was gone when I came out at dark an thought he had got one because he most time hunts far back an late coming out but he seen some doe an a small buck an had to leave because skeeters were tearing him up an he said he,s done hunting till he gets a thermecell :lol:
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Masboy wrote:I just called my older son an I seen his truck parked where I hunt an was gone when I came out at dark an thought he had got one because he most time hunts far back an late coming out but he seen some doe an a small buck an had to leave because skeeters were tearing him up an he said he,s done hunting till he gets a thermecell :lol:
I bet you didnt offer yours :lol: up that will keep him out of your spot :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Now he,s not hunting I will go back where he Been hunting an seeing all the deer :lol: only problem you got to be part monkey to get in any of his stands an that leaves me out.every once in a while I try to get in one of his stands an never make it an lose my nerve an climb back down :shock:
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Masboy wrote:Now he,s not hunting I will go back where he Been hunting an seeing all the deer :lol: only problem you got to be part monkey to get in any of his stands an that leaves me out.every once in a while I try to get in one of his stands an never make it an lose my nerve an climb back down :shock:
Ive got a buddy like that I frame houses and Im part squirrel But a smart wise old squirrel When your young you dont think the same :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
duke19ex

Post by duke19ex »

Back from the hunt. Saw a fawn @ 25 yards both days, got out of the stand this morning at 9:30 to do a bit more scouting. On the way back passed my stand and just about to the house when an 8 point came bolting across the field not 50 yards behind me and ended up over by my stand...I was just reading an article last night about late morning activity for buck from 10-12. Next time I'll stay in my stand longer.
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

That's no fun.
I was in my stand on the 6th and saw a huge buck, a doe, and a fawn. None of them were in my shooting range and all had brush between me and them.
Last night I sat in my stand for about 3 hours until some kids started walking through the woods coming form the neighbors property. Nothing like a couple kids busting you out after all the work you have done. Needless to say we had a pretty good talk about hunting season.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Been out lot lately myself.

Thursday I hunted hogs until midnight but nothing came to the feeder. It was too hot I think. It was like 91 degrees before the sun went down. Thermacell worked perfectly. Even on the big huge horse flies and dragonflies.

Then I went out for our opener here in NC yesterday. Wasn't too bad in the AM, probably in the 60's but it warmed up quite a bit by noon. I'm on public land so it gets a bit tough, and I did not do alot of scouting to minimize human impact on the areas I hunt. Just going off of what I knew from last year. Sat in one spot until about 8:45, saw nothing, then started a really slow hike to scout the area. Bounced out a doe about 2 miles from the truck and never saw her again in the thick stuff. Then saw 2 more on my way back. They didn't see me but fed into the thicket. When I thought they were gone I moved in a bit and they busted me. I never saw them but the older one blew off. Probably OK. There is no Sunday hunting here on public land so it will be calm back there today.

Had to sleep in this morning, though. I plan on heading to the one spot of private land I have tonight. The owner has deer feeding next to his house eating crab apples. I need to figure out where they are coming from and hopefully pop one on the way in.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
buckinnuts

Post by buckinnuts »

Well got back down to maryland today(second trip)..took a big maryland doe...she was the lead one of six...cant wait to get back there monday!..axiom and schwacker!
duke19ex

Post by duke19ex »

Tried a state park this sat. It's a bit closer to home and should make a good alternate hunting spot. Saw 8 does from my ground blind. At 45 yards one was just out of my comfort zone for my first crossbow deer. Next time i go I'll move my stand over 20 yards and give it a shot again.