Hey Big John

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Hey Big John

Post by IronNoggin »

Just wanted to let you know that my Buddy who purchased your Phoenix at such a Great Deal from you is MORE than Pleased! Although a complete Newbie when it comes to crossbows, he is catching on right quickly now. Had him out to our Rancher Buddy's place just the other day, and his tail was wagging so hard his eyeballs were wigglin' :wink:

Here he is with the first group he ever shot from that bow at 30 yards:

Methinks that GRIN says it all Buddy! And I will be soon taking your sage advice and getting him out for his first deer or two with that fine set-up. Letcha know as it goes...

We also shot the new Custom Black Eagles you sent me. AWESOME is the only way to describe how they fly!! The Rancher was DAMN Impressed and suggested he would like to let a few fly from my Matrix. Although fairly inexperienced, your craftsmanship certainly made him look GOOD! :wink:

Here is his first group at 40 yards:

And then at 50:

Both these fellows were extremely Impressed with the way those arrows fly! And both will be ordering some for themselves very soon. The Rancher is going to need some guidance - he ain't shooting an Excalibur (YET! Working on that!! :twisted: ) so will need some advice as to just what to fly from his current bow. I of course informed him he is in the Best Of Hands!

Just thought I'd share My Friend! :D

Cheers & Thanks!
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IronNoggin

Re: Hey Big John

Post by IronNoggin »

Oh, and a quick Head's Up for Boo too...

Still shooting the initial string you sent me for the Matrix 380. Now just over 800 shots, and just now beginning to show some signs of serving wear. Incredible it has lasted this long! In fact, I finally split the rubber on the bow's REDDs but that string simply keeps on going and going and...

I'll be picking up some new rubbers soon, but will likely stick with the string that has shot so well all summer long for the hunting.

Thanks to both You & Big John for such wonderful additions to an Incredible Bow! :mrgreen:

Safe & Successful Hunting this season Folks!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
ranger

Post by ranger »

Nice shooting and that was a awesome deal on the Phoenix for sure.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Yes Big John makes awesome arrows, from what I hear.

Unfortunately I've never had opportunity to try them. I currently have 20 store bought ones left, and find it hard to justify getting another 1/2 dz. and I doubt I could order just 3 or 4.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

ComfyBear wrote:... and find it hard to justify getting another 1/2 dz. and I doubt I could order just 3 or 4.
1/2 Dozen?? LOL!

Try THREE Dozen at a pop! :twisted: :lol:

The Best a Man Can Get!! :wink:

Cheers!
Nog
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Best arrows I've ever fired by far! Flight is so true and you can tell by the arrow to arrow consistency. I made the mistake of only ordering a 1/2 doz. I'll be ordering four times that much next time. I saw that he sells a Lumenocks extinguisher for about $10, worth the price.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I go through arrows far too quickly... lose and wreck a few at 3D shoots.

BigJohn has helped keep my addiction fed and I've been very glad to have shot his pretty arrows!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ranger

Post by ranger »

I have some on order from Big John and can't wait to get them, I would like to have a Doz for each bow but that would be spendy right now, i'll do it over time :) .
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

racking up points wrote:...I saw that he sells a Lumenocks extinguisher for about $10, worth the price.
Saw that too, and will be having my Buddy (new Phoenix Owner) order me a set soon when he requests a handful of new arrows...

Cheers,
Nog