Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boonechaser

Re: First Impressions of Matrix 380

Post by Boonechaser »

JPjunkie wrote:
Boo wrote:Are you Boonechaser?
BAM!

Aren't you still a good little sheep! Do you have any thoughts that you can stick to, without changing them with the flow?
Boonechaser

Post by Boonechaser »

DP
Boo

Post by Boo »

Boonechaser wrote:
Boo wrote:Are you Boonechaser?
Why,because I am the only person to have a problem with my Matirx? See the problem here is.... My bow and scope was just fine out of the box, I never complained about it, even though I had the same quiver bracket problem as another poster.
I just believe that there is a place to talk about issues with Excalibur bows and it should be this forum. A new poster or one that has been here for years should be able to talk about his problems, without smart comments from the fanboys.

Besides, can you tell me what this PM is to mean with making this post, right after?

Hey Dennis, can I ask that we all take a couple of steps back and not waste our time and energy hacking away at each other here?
do
The question was a straight forward one with no insult intended.
My PM, was an attempt to make peace and try to stop with the disruptive posts that have been going on recently.
I apologize if I offended you by trying to make amends.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Hopefully with some trigger time you'll get to like it better but nothing wrong with an honest to the point evaluation. Better to be a straight shooter (pun intended)than not.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
yenobia

Post by yenobia »

Another thread with pointless accusations..
[url=http://www.rosedalehotelguangzhou.com/]Rosedale Hotel Guangzhou[/url]
348 Jiangnan Avenue Middle, Haizhu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, 510245
+86 20 8441 8888
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

yenobia wrote:Another thread with pointless accusations..
What you lack in class as a spammer, you make up for in good taste as to whom to quote.

Raptorman, what are your thoughts on the safety? It seems to be the only negative thing I keep hearing, access to the safety.
Small thing to consider, but I am curious.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Steve_Guelph

Post by Steve_Guelph »

LongCarbine wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
pinshooter wrote:Yeah the rope cocker is short on purpose, pull the string up to hook. The riser and rail both are aluminum not plastic. It is a beast bow to cock and aggressive on the shot but theres no free lunch for speed. The tactzone is a crap scope no doubt about it but the quiver is nice and like every other excalibur the rest of the bow is great quality. I do believe the bow is weighed without accessories, its not a light bow once you get it outfitted but its fairly balanced and not too heavy. I found them to be more aggressive than I like but a great bow. I'm waiting for the next generation :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You might want to check with Excalibur, I am pretty sure that the riser and rail on the 380, are polymer.
I don,t know about the 380 but my 355 is definitely
aluminum .
So is the 380 polymer rail? Very curious.
Micro Nightmare (Chucky)
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Yu all gotta make me your role model and never cause any emotional controvery or hard feelings! I just always keep on topic and role along with nothing but crossbow help! :wink:

Post by newbie »

no sir it IS an aluminum rail.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Here are my responses to your post:

First of all, it was much heavier than expected, I seriously doubt 5.9 lbs. Feels more like around 8 lbs. to me, (in stock form)---though I have not weighed it to see, so I could be wrong.

The crossbows are weighed with no accessories

Fit and finish is good, though for some reason it seems a bit 'plastic' --I was expecting an aluminum / alloy rail. --Nice camo finish

The rail is aluminum alloy coated with a camo finish.

-----'Tact Zone' scope was defective out of the box, will only adjust horizontally to the right. (I hear the warranty dept, is excellent, and do not expect a problem having it replaced, disappointing, none the less.)

That should not happen although we will look after that for you ASAP.

---Amount of effort to cock is a bit strenuous, compared to the 2 other 400 fps crossbows that I have owned, but most likely inherent with the design, and the price you pay for the simplicity of the recurve design.

It is a 260 lb draw weight but with the correct length of cocking aid rope and technique its easier to cock than an Equinox.

----Rope cocker was about 2 inches to short, practically impossible to use, had to replace the cocking string with a longer one. even after fighting it through about 12 cocking cycles, pulling on it, and snapping it in an attempt to stretch it a bit. ----(also disappointing)----A little weak in the quality control dept. for $1,100

The cocking aid is designed purposely short to give you more leverage making cocking the crossbow easier. All you need to do is place the hook on one side and then simultaneously pull the string up and push the hook down onto the string on the other side. Its easy with the correct technique.

Peter
ranger

Post by ranger »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Here are my responses to your post:

First of all, it was much heavier than expected, I seriously doubt 5.9 lbs. Feels more like around 8 lbs. to me, (in stock form)---though I have not weighed it to see, so I could be wrong.

The crossbows are weighed with no accessories

Fit and finish is good, though for some reason it seems a bit 'plastic' --I was expecting an aluminum / alloy rail. --Nice camo finish

The rail is aluminum alloy coated with a camo finish.

-----'Tact Zone' scope was defective out of the box, will only adjust horizontally to the right. (I hear the warranty dept, is excellent, and do not expect a problem having it replaced, disappointing, none the less.)

That should not happen although we will look after that for you ASAP.

---Amount of effort to cock is a bit strenuous, compared to the 2 other 400 fps crossbows that I have owned, but most likely inherent with the design, and the price you pay for the simplicity of the recurve design.

It is a 260 lb draw weight but with the correct length of cocking aid rope and technique its easier to cock than an Equinox.

----Rope cocker was about 2 inches to short, practically impossible to use, had to replace the cocking string with a longer one. even after fighting it through about 12 cocking cycles, pulling on it, and snapping it in an attempt to stretch it a bit. ----(also disappointing)----A little weak in the quality control dept. for $1,100

The cocking aid is designed purposely short to give you more leverage making cocking the crossbow easier. All you need to do is place the hook on one side and then simultaneously pull the string up and push the hook down onto the string on the other side. Its easy with the correct technique.

Peter
Amen.
Y25, Axiom SMF
Matrix 380 Blackout
Turbo XLT. Stealth SS
Mission MXB 360
Free Men Dont Ask To Bear Arms.