What cord is used on a C2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FNARSCOT

What cord is used on a C2

Post by FNARSCOT »

Any one know what type and size cord is used on a C2 crank cocker. I have found a source for 600 ,750 ,950 lb. test braided Kevlar and Spectra cord .in dia. around .080 to .110 Cost about $40 for 250 ft. I would rather the stronger if possible .Just need a base line on strength. I can measure the stock line and holes to determine how big I can go. I will cut a bunch to length for myself and gladly send whoever needs some to other members after we decide the best line to use, Shipping can't cost muck more then a stamp .But I want to be stronger the stock .Better safe than sorry.
Ride Hard ,Shoot Straight, Tell the Truth
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
DaveShooter

Re: What cord is used on a C2

Post by DaveShooter »

FNARSCOT wrote:Any one know what type and size cord is used on a C2 crank cocker. I have found a source for 600 ,750 ,950 lb. test braided Kevlar and Spectra cord .in dia. around .080 to .110 Cost about $40 for 250 ft. I would rather the stronger if possible .Just need a base line on strength. I can measure the stock line and holes to determine how big I can go. I will cut a bunch to length for myself and gladly send whoever needs some to other members after we decide the best line to use, Shipping can't cost muck more then a stamp .But I want to be stronger the stock .Better safe than sorry.
I been thinking about a stronger line myself here latly. I think Danny Miller told me but don't hold me to it the line was rated @ 750lb test strength. Where did you find yours at if you don't mind me asking? The problem is you don't want to go bigger in dia. as it would mine harder to crank and remodification to the crank wheels and handle. That does seem like a fair price on 250' :D
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Dave,
I got your Pm. I will post here for all to read. I read on this forum that someone heard the line was 600lb test. I am looking for a "official" rating on this. I realize that a bigger line will affect the force needed to crank due to the geometry of the wheels. In this case the 600 lb. test I found is .080 the 900 lb. test is .110 .If the 900 lb. test will fit I think the difference(.030) would be moot on such a small dia. wheel. There is a 750 lb. test also that is.070 and even a 1000 lb. test that is .109 . All this info came from www.twinline-usa.com Check them out. I am going to gauge the holes in the C2 and get the biggest line that fits . If Danny Miller says 750lb. test I would not get anything weaker than that. He being a string maker as well as being in my mind the go to guy for Excalibur should know.
Scot
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

FNARSCOT wrote:Dave,
I got your Pm. I will post here for all to read. I read on this forum that someone heard the line was 600lb test. I am looking for a "official" rating on this. I realize that a bigger line will affect the force needed to crank due to the geometry of the wheels. In this case the 600 lb. test I found is .080 the 900 lb. test is .110 .If the 900 lb. test will fit I think the difference(.030) would be moot on such a small dia. wheel. There is a 750 lb. test also that is.070 and even a 1000 lb. test that is .109 . All this info came from www.twinline-usa.com Check them out. I am going to gauge the holes in the C2 and get the biggest line that fits . If Danny Miller says 750lb. test I would not get anything weaker than that. He being a string maker as well as being in my mind the go to guy for Excalibur should know.
Scot
Thanks Scott and I agree with you and Danny all the way-Dave :D
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Scott that is an heck of a web-site-Thanks again-Dave :D
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

I recieved Spectra from Boo ,It's da bomb ,work's real well,since ive been using it .I shoot daily and haven't had any issues with the 750lb spectra. I put on my crank.
I did have to do some cleaning up of the hole it goe's through though.Smoothed the edges where the line come's out for the knot.
I use a little dremmel bit.Honed just the edge's to a smooth surface .
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

I took my C2 apart .Just can't leave well enough alone :lol: Her is what I found.
Holes gauge at .125
String is 8ft 2in. long
String is really hard to measure dia. :wink:
If the 750 lb. test is what is being used I would not go below that size .Boo knows what he is doing and this backs up Danny Miller. Life is good. My source has a Technora 950 lb. test /.110 dia. or a Spectra 1000 lb. test / .101 dia. Both are coated to resist abrasion and their app. is in accord with this one. I might send for a sample before I buy a roll so I don't waste time or money . I know they have a 750 lb. test/.070 that will work . But I would rather upgrade if possible. Overkill is my middle name. If I was going to stick with 750 I could just get some from Boo or Danny. I also saw that on my 380 Matrix there were only 3 wraps on the drums to start .Might make the string a bit longer .As a old Crane operator I was always taught to keep strain off the end by leaving a bit on the drum. Might make the string at the hole last a bit longer. But then again Overkill is my middle name.
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
trashedback

Post by trashedback »

Just bought 50 foot of 1000 lb kevlar braid for $7.99 on Ebay, You guys really got me thinking about switching out the string on my cocker. It was 2.5mm so it should be easy to get into the 3.175 hole....I hope!!! :roll: They have 1500lb too that's 3mm but I thought that may be getting a little too tight to gwet into the existing hole.....:) :roll:
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Man you guys all get an A+ for all the info on or about the replacement line for the C2 Cranks-Thanks again for all the info-Dave :D
strum

Post by strum »

I was gonna say use a Gm7 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

I have samples on the way from Twinline-USA in 750lb. ,950lb., and 1200lb.I requested 9 ft. long samples for full function test and their return e-mail said that it was on the way FREE. My goal is to make the 1200 work with a few extra wraps on the drums to take the strain off the string where it goes thru the hole. I will test to make sure crank effort in not effected enough to matter. Even of I have to back down to 950lb. there will be a gain.
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

I forgot to mention When you deburr the holes remove the handle (remove the allen screw) and slide the shaft out enough to apply gun oil to the shaft. Re string the handle side first then reinstall the handle putting a drop of locktite on the threads .Knott the ends the same way as the stock string .I don't know the proper term for the knott but if you untie the stock one it is easy to copy.
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
FNARSCOT

Post by FNARSCOT »

Just finished restringing my C2 with Technora 1200 .TwinLine sent me some samples of 750,950 and 1200 Technora Braided line. I requested 9ft samples(samples are normally about 2ft)But Mr. Kiker sent 11ft samples bagged and labeled .Free they even covered shipping. Technora braid is their Kevlar like product.I chose the 1200lb test. I put enough line on that I had 3 wraps on the drums when only taking up slack. The line was easy to put thru the holes if you prep the ends .This stuff will not melt with a lighter or cut clean with a scissors .It is hard cutting with a razor but the razor gave the best cut. I dipped the ends in crazy glue to stop it from fraying. This line is thicker than stock and grips the drum better which leaves no stress on the Knot which will stop the line from being worn where it passes thru the drum. Making the string longer the knots had no stress at all during the whole cocking process. Cocking effort is unaffected by the heavier string. The whole process of cocking is improved with this line and a quality lube on the shaft of the cocker. This line is coated with a polymer so waxing is not needed yet is more flexible than stock string. All this and almost double the strength .I call this test a win. TwinLine-USA.com I will order a roll when I get around to it but this stuff is so good I do not think I will ever need it. Plus I still have the 750 and 950 samples and the stock stuff.
Scot :D
Matrix 380 Blackout
Xcaliber Custom String
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Thanks Scott for all the info and help-Dave :D That stuff sounds like a winner as well :D
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I'd buy a length off you, I've replaced my string once already, and just trimmed a couple inches off the end the was fraying last week.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone