Anyone using the Limb Saver package for crossbows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NonTypicalCPA

Anyone using the Limb Saver package for crossbows?

Post by NonTypicalCPA »

The dealer where I bought my Matrix said that he has sold a lot of them and that the noise reduction is noticeable. I'm curious if anyone else has them on their crossbows and what their experience has been. I think the package includes 2 dampeners for the limbs, 2 string leeches, 1 for the stirrup, and one for the arrow retainer.
racking up points

Re: Anyone using the Limb Saver package for crossbows?

Post by racking up points »

The only thing that will make a damn of a difference in that kit would be the limb dampners. But I don't recommend them. They will fall off eventually and the glue used is permanent and not re-appliable. The string leeches will eventually fly off too. You can dampen the stirrup if you want with tape. None of these things will quiet the bow, (almost all of them reduce speed), it just changes the tone and reduces some shooter felt vibrations...deer will still hear it and if they are far enough away, they'll still react.

That being said, I use the x-factor limb dampener because it is removable, tunable for both speed and vibration, and they last forever. I've had one set on seven different bows, they may not fit low profile Excal limbs, but fit fine on the matrix series. They work great but at a cost of 10-12fps. Here's a link:

http://www.xfactoroutdoors.com/limbfactor.html
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Kegbelly

Re: Anyone using the Limb Saver package for crossbows?

Post by Kegbelly »

Those were on my bow when I bought it (bought it used). One of the limbsavers flew off one day while practicing in the back yard, threw the shot way off to one side. Had it been a deer it would have been a real bad shot or maybe even a miss. I never could get it to stick again no matter what kind of glue I used so I took the other one off. They do help some with noise and vibration but any extra weight on the limbs will slow them down to some degree, and at some point they'll probably come off during a shot, hope it's not when that once-in-a-lifetime buck walks by. I still have the little rubber thing on the bolt keeper though, it works ok and reduces the metal 'thwaaaang' sound when the bolt leaves and the keeper hits the rail. Mine didnt have anything on the stirrup though, but you can wrap it with thick rubber electrical tape and it works great, no more tuning fork on the end of your bow.

KB
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers