poi Changing Overnight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crappie

poi Changing Overnight

Post by Crappie »

My poi keeps changing over night and I have tried changing scopes, put on a new string, put factory sights back on and still unable to keep the same poi from day to day. Whats going on?
8ptbuk

Re: poi Changing Overnight

Post by 8ptbuk »

More Info please , tell us about your arrows and broadheads , and x-bow setup .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Crappie

Post by Crappie »

175 exocet easton 2219 125 gr thunderheads Been been shootin this bow for 10 yrs now and never a problem like this.
Fishous

Post by Fishous »

Ya, need more details.

How much change are we talking about here?

Is there a drastic change in temperature overnight?

Are you leaving it cocked overnight?

If you're really seeing a change overnight, there has to be something influencing it.
Mike
Excalibur Matrix 355
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer string or the limbs or the scope n mounts/rings. 2 utter things stock screws loose & or trigger box screws loose both will cause that!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
_woods

Post by _woods »

vixenmaster wrote:Yer string or the limbs or the scope n mounts/rings. 2 utter things stock screws loose & or trigger box screws loose both will cause that!
Agreed.
Sound like you've got a few screws loose.
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
_woods

Post by _woods »

Double post.
2012 Eclipse
Home-brewed D10 Flemish string
GT II III w/ 175 'Tricks
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

You didn't say what fletching your using or how much twist it has . When I got into xbows I shot all over the place and after re-fletching with Blazers on a Bolt Jig I instantly seen a big difference in accuracy and consistancy . Another thing I might mention is Aluminum arrows over time seem to lose some accuracy and consistancy due to everyday shooting , pulling from targets , shooting up close , and spine weakening . how old are your alum. arrows ? I highy recomend black eagle carbon arrows . Jerry at southshore is the person you want to deal with . Give him a call . All this is just my opinion. :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Crappie

Post by Crappie »

checked all bolts for tightness and all ok, never leave it cocked overnight been shooting standard easton 2219 bolts 4 in fletching 125 gr thunderheads ever since I had the bow with no problems. I just read on another post to check string alignment with rail. I just checked this and my string is 3/16 out of square at the end of the limbs. Could this be a weak limb and causing my problem?????
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Crappie wrote:checked all bolts for tightness and all ok, never leave it cocked overnight been shooting standard easton 2219 bolts 4 in fletching 125 gr thunderheads ever since I had the bow with no problems. I just read on another post to check string alignment with rail. I just checked this and my string is 3/16 out of square at the end of the limbs. Could this be a weak limb and causing my problem?????
On either side of the riser, measure from the string to the face of the limb, (where limb faces you, looking down the rail). This is called tiller. If tiller measurements are not the same on either side if the riser, your limbs are not matched. I had an equinox that was 1/4" out of tiller and that was enough to have erratic broadhead flight. Good news is that if your tiller is out of whack, the limbs will be warrantied by Excal. Had mine replaced, took about 2 weeks to finish the return. This could be your issue, good luck.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

A new string will stretch overnight, thus change poi. Leave the same string on, twist up daily, until it stops creeping.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
frisky

Post by frisky »

Crappie wrote:checked all bolts for tightness and all ok, never leave it cocked overnight been shooting standard easton 2219 bolts 4 in fletching 125 gr thunderheads ever since I had the bow with no problems. I just read on another post to check string alignment with rail. I just checked this and my string is 3/16 out of square at the end of the limbs. Could this be a weak limb and causing my problem?????
My Phoenix string is out of square like yours. Mine is accurate, I do not shoot at the same spot TWICE. Could be a problem but NOT in my case. :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Crappie

Post by Crappie »

Talked with Danny Miller and xbow is on its to him to check it out!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Good move......
"Eze 18:21"