What is wrong?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JPjunkie

Re: What is wrong?

Post by JPjunkie »

Metro wrote:I shouldn't have to buy a new string or have some forum member send me one for free etc. I should contact the company for answers and solutions and I got none. Customer service is supposed to solve problems with the product, not shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.

Thanks for nothing, serves me right for sending my money to Canada, off to Ten Point.
I guess I would go spend 3 times as much money for a piece of junk I mean Ten Point :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Metro wrote:I shouldn't have to buy a new string or have some forum member send me one for free etc. I should contact the company for answers and solutions and I got none. Customer service is supposed to solve problems with the product, not shake their heads and shrug their shoulders.

Thanks for nothing, serves me right for sending my money to Canada, off to Ten Point.
Could have kept your money in the good old USA and had them get you somethin from China :lol: :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Metro wrote:The arrow was fine, I inspected them when I opened the package and before shooting. The break happened from hitting the OSB backstop, that is not even pictured and there is a piece of plastic from the vane on the limb assembly you can see it in the pic. This happened the very first shot. I haven't shot it again and I won't as long as when I cock it the serving is off center.

This is very disappointing and I think it's goin back. I have a hunt in less than 2 weeks and I don't have time to deal with getting another bow and sighting it in.

I totally understand your frustration and worry about your up coming hunt (time duration left). But right from the onset of reading this thread and your posts, I thought that you already had your mind made up and was sending that bow back. Many members here asked questions to get a better read or view of your problem but they were not answered properly. Either you were too frustrated or confused to help these members help you.

First thing was if you measured the distance of the string from the limb tip to the rail (cocked and uncocked), both sides and if there is a large difference then you have a limb problem. The problem could be a bad limb, or might be just a setup problem and need bolts to be tightened better.

From what I saw in the pics was a string that had a serving that was off center. Check this by measuring the the distances from the edge of the serving to the end of the loops. If the problem was the serving being off center, the picture showed that you had no actual problem as the serving still reached out past the rail. You could still shoot the bow and have no problems. Yes it does not look right and should not happen, but it will not stop your using the bow or effect your hunt.

Your arrow missing the target and hitting the backstop, the way you described it, sounded like a partial dryfire from an arrow not seated properly. I have seen this before, even from very experienced shooters. You set the arrow firmly against the string, then moving the bow around the arrow slips forward off the string. How firm was the arrow retainer holding the arrow against the deck or rail.

Good luck in your choice of a new bow. I hope that if you do go and get a ten point, that you have no problems with a string as you need a shop to change them and your hunt is finished.

I posted this reply as I believe that if someone else has a similar problem it might help them solve it. As I understand this, his mind is made up and this problem is just returned.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Metro

Post by Metro »

Tom, maybe you should get a job with customer service/tech help at Excalibur.

The bottom line is, I spent 600 bucks on a product that did not work properly, I did not want to mess around with the bow without advice from the company for fear of voiding warrantees etc. I received no advice or solutions from customer service, in my opinion they should have said "we'll send you a new bow/string assembly, please send the one with problems to this address" Had this happened I would still have an Excalibur.

My problem was explained as clear as could be, I said "no matter how slowly, evenly and deliberately I pull the cocking rope back, the serving is off center to the left" how much more clear can I be?

For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club. This whole experience has gone from "what the hell" to bad then worse, why the hell would I want to be a part of this company or community now?
massbow

Post by massbow »

So sorry to hear about your problems. I love my bow and wouldn't trade it for anything! :wink:
Team 355
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Metro wrote:For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club. This whole experience has gone from "what the hell" to bad then worse, why the hell would I want to be a part of this company or community now?
Servings do not have to be in the center to be effective, when it comes to a bow "consistent" beats " straight" anytime.
Not going to beg you to stay, but if you do, you will be a happy consumer and hunter.
This forum is absolutely NOT the place to voice a complaint, as you are quickly learning. No product is without fault, but no product will back you up like this one.
I wouldn't recommend hanging around here, but I would recommend hanging on to that bow.
My advice, keep the bow, get it fixed (and it WILL be fixed) and get the heck out of this forum and hunt.
Shoot straight, sir.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Pydpiper wrote:
Metro wrote:For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club. This whole experience has gone from "what the hell" to bad then worse, why the hell would I want to be a part of this company or community now?
Servings do not have to be in the center to be effective, when it comes to a bow "consistent" beats " straight" anytime.
Not going to beg you to stay, but if you do, you will be a happy consumer and hunter.
This forum is absolutely NOT the place to voice a complaint, as you are quickly learning. No product is without fault, but no product will back you up like this one.
I wouldn't recommend hanging around here, but I would recommend hanging on to that bow.
My advice, keep the bow, get it fixed (and it WILL be fixed) and get the heck out of this forum and hunt.
Shoot straight, sir.
I think you should take him hunting and teach him with gentle hands on how to use an Excalibur :lol:
Tom

Post by Tom »

Metro wrote: ......................
My problem was explained as clear as could be, I said "no matter how slowly, evenly and deliberately I pull the cocking rope back, the serving is off center to the left" how much more clear can I be?
Tom wrote:..............
First thing was if you measured the distance of the string from the limb tip to the rail (cocked and uncocked), both sides and if there is a large difference then you have a limb problem. The problem could be a bad limb, or might be just a setup problem and need bolts to be tightened better.

From what I saw in the pics was a string that had a serving that was off center. Check this by measuring the the distances from the edge of the serving to the end of the loops. ..................

Tom
First of all, I do not need to be part of Excalibur's customer service. I take part in this forum to further knowledge on crossbows to new shooters which are just getting into them.

Secondly, a customer service agent needs to be able to figure out what the problem was before they can give out some advice on how to fix it. From reading your posts, you were very frustrated and had a difficult time realizing that most people were trying to help, and yes some were stepping over the line to stir trouble, but those people need to be ignored.

As I stated in my post, Pydpiper did as well, the center serving of your string does not need to be exactly center, as long as the serving covers the deck or rails of the bow (out both sides). If you had measured the string, cocked and uncocked like I had suggested, the string could have been ruled out as having a serving off center. You could have also narrowed down the chance if it was a limb problem or not, but you did not go that route so we can not help solve problems.

This forum is great at solving problems which members encounter, but we can not preform magic. We need help from the one with the problem to help him/her get to a solution. When I try to help someone with a problem, I try to eliminate the simple stuff first before jumping to the most disastrous possible problem. History has shown me that with an Excalibur it is usually user error or a simple solution.

And for the members that just seem to want to stir the post with negative comments, keep them to yourself, you are not doing the forum or the crossbow world a favor or are you making yourself look good. Even if you think the poster is just trying to bash a person or product, leave it be, people can see that and make up their own minds.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
cthunt

Post by cthunt »

Metro if you lived closer to me i would loan you my bow so you could go on your hunt and deal with this stuff when you get back ,whats important here is for you to go on the hunt you have been dreaming about go and enjoy your self ...
Pm me where you live lets see if we can help out a fellow sportsmen/hunter..
Ten point TL-7
Excalibur Ibex .
GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazer
nap nightmares 100grn.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

cthunt wrote:Metro if you lived closer to me i would loan you my bow so you could go on your hunt and deal with this stuff when you get back ,whats important here is for you to go on the hunt you have been dreaming about go and enjoy your self ...
Pm me where you live lets see if we can help out a fellow sportsmen/hunter..
This is the kind of post that seperates Excalibur guys from the rest, good on ya.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
strum

Post by strum »

Metro wrote: For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club.

Its a Hoax!!! same ole same ole ..new name :shock:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

strum wrote:
Metro wrote: For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club.

Its a Hoax!!! same ole same ole ..new name :shock:
You can see through it too :wink:

Post by newbie »

Metro wrote:Tom, maybe you should get a job with customer service/tech help at Excalibur.

The bottom line is, I spent 600 bucks on a product that did not work properly, I did not want to mess around with the bow without advice from the company for fear of voiding warrantees etc. I received no advice or solutions from customer service, in my opinion they should have said "we'll send you a new bow/string assembly, please send the one with problems to this address" Had this happened I would still have an Excalibur.

For icing on the cake I get ridiculed here by the Excalibur fanboy club. This whole experience has gone from "what the hell" to bad then worse, why the hell would I want to be a part of this company or community now?
did you call or email. as stated many times in this thread a simple phone call to Danny Miller he would have walked you through it, problem would have been solved. Me when it is something I don't understand I pick up the phone.

enjoy your Tenpoint.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Newbie, etal, he wasn't looking to solve his problem, but rather posted to bash Excal.

I figured this out by his second post. 99% of the 'problem presenters' here either get a resolution of their problem on the forum or a reccommendation of who to call/contact.

The OSB board whine was my first clue, lol. Carry on.......

Btw:
Tom's elaborate post on measuring the string can be done much simpler by hanging it on a nail and seeing the one side was served longer than normal......
"Eze 18:21"
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

I remember this complaint. I got 4 emails sent at 8:00pm complaining about the serving not being not centered, I returned the email the next morning. I tried to help but he said not to worry about it he returned the crossbow. He really did not give me much time to trouble shoot the problem. A serving not centered is not unusual and will not cause accuracy issues. He said the string went straight across the deck so the limbs seemed OK. We don't work at night so we need at least until the morning to respond. We also get 200+ emails a day so we need some time to return them. Calling us is always a better and faster option.
if it were my position to decide how to resolve this I would have had a limb and string mount packed up and sent off ASAP an told the customer to send back the alleged defective unit. Not my call though.
If we had the chance to decide the unit was defective this may have been an option, but we were not given much time. We are incredibly busy this time of year, some patience would be very helpful. In a perfect world we would never have a problem but that's unrealistic. The best we can do is try our best to fix the problems as fast as we can.

We try hard to make everybody happy but some just don't want to be helped.

Peter