Arrow weights ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Arrow weights ?

Post by Adrian J Hare »

OK , I went to BP last night and bought the 150gn Boltcutters. Today I decided to try them and used both 2216 aluminum arrows and the fire bolts. It seems to me that the firebolts had a touch more penetration into the target on every test shot.

Are these firebolts close to the same weight as the aluminum arrows ?
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Adrian J Hare

Re: Arrow weights ?

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks but forget about it. I'll test them on deer in the late season if I get the chance. Bear hunting is done and out of 10 baits not one hit this week. I would say as I have before, I believe hibernation starts at this time of year and they are starting to thin out...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I suspect it may also be a little warm
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Adrian, The alum should be heavier than the fire bolt unless the fire bolt has a brass insert which I doubt,

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Adrian J Hare wrote:Thanks but forget about it. I'll test them on deer in the late season if I get the chance. Bear hunting is done and out of 10 baits not one hit this week. I would say as I have before, I believe hibernation starts at this time of year and they are starting to thin out...
Come on down here for some bear shooting ,we have too many .They don't hibernate here .I hate the critter's ,They are a nuisance here.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.