Hunting Day Energy Snacks ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Re: Hunting Day Energy Snacks ?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Peanut butter and bananas on pita's folded in half also I make up my own trail mix that always includes chocolate chips!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
Archer Ontario

Post by Archer Ontario »

energy wraps . my son showed these to us, his class made them on a winter class trip. on a pita wrap mix peanut and chocolate chips place in oven until the chocolate chips melt into peanut butter cool in fridge this is a great energy snack for hunting I also like beef jerky almonds and I really like the sound of the Hudson bay bars
taz3

Post by taz3 »

High carbs before you start off or the night before (like pasta) and high protein foods will keep you going throughout the day. I take hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, and trail mix nuts and dried fruit. Greens will help slow the digestion of foods too. It is very important to stay hydrated too.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
LilBlueJay

Post by LilBlueJay »

I make my own energy bars. I crush cashews and pecans, 1 kilo each. Mixed with dried date pieces, goji berries and raisins, 1 pound each. This is all mixed with honey as a binder, 1-2 kilos. Then shaped into large cigars and cut into bite sized pieces or silver dollar sized patties and rolled in ground almond so they aren't sticky to touch. I'll vacuum pack eight pieces together. I might have two packs in a day but I won't eat anything else. And anyone who has tried them always asks for more.

I've been a lurker for a few years now and glad to finally contribute.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

just about all that is listed above. however my all time fav. is brownies with walnuts. they are a must have! :D brings good luck to... well. most of the time. :lol:
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

I like dark chocolate like the dark milkyways.The Cabela's one with the moose on it is my favorite :mrgreen: Plus gronola bars.But nothing keeps me going all day long like a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :D
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Apple's ,when done throw the core out of the stand .deer love them and the smell too.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

LilBlueJay wrote:I make my own energy bars. I crush cashews and pecans, 1 kilo each. Mixed with dried date pieces, goji berries and raisins, 1 pound each. This is all mixed with honey as a binder, 1-2 kilos. Then shaped into large cigars and cut into bite sized pieces or silver dollar sized patties and rolled in ground almond so they aren't sticky to touch. I'll vacuum pack eight pieces together. I might have two packs in a day but I won't eat anything else. And anyone who has tried them always asks for more.

I've been a lurker for a few years now and glad to finally contribute.
Glad you did.
I can see how your recipe's ingredient combination may be the perfect energy booster with all healthy ingredients to boot.
Will have to round everything up today for a little evening prep session later today.
Also weclome . A great coming out of the closet so to speak.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My wife is a big fan of dehydrating food, so I always have jerky, potatoes, fruit and whatever else she can fit in there.
Biggest problem I find with store bought munchies is the noise of the packaging, so she has developed way to make the bag opening a little more quiet.
I don't eat chocolate or most other junk food, just never acquired a taste for it.
A cheap dehydrator can make anything in to a "snack", today she is doing sweet potato chips and venison jerkey.
The food is light, tasty and keeps you full, when it counts.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

An apple and a Fiber One bar. If planning on a long set, I'll throw in a PBJ samich.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone