This spot is hot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

steve rodo

This spot is hot

Post by steve rodo »

The buck's are already chasing young buck's away.I've seen it happen twice already in 5 day's.
If i had to guess they would run around 125 to 130 class.For ga deer this is good.
It's a nice clean creek bed that run's into the property for 1 mile .Im hunting on this plateau ,Already have seen 6 doe's coming to the area .With 2 set's of buck's chasing off the young un's.The rut is fixin to bust loose here within the next 3 week's.I
Im gonna hopefully bust a nice one here

My climber is right on a tree right on the creek watching a nice deer trail 60 yard's in front of me .I moved my stand right on the bank of the creek on a saw tooth oak up 35 ft.
I walk in the creek water to get to my stand .No scent sorta.
I get right into my climber from the water in the creek now .
I've seen 8 deer in the spot in 4 day's. 3 of them being buck's and 5 Nanny's to boot.

[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/steve_b ... 8.jpg.html]Image
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
steve rodo

Re: This spot is hot

Post by steve rodo »

[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/steve_b ... 9.jpg.html]Image

This is where there crossing the creek like a cow path with good spring fed clean water to drink
[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/steve_b ... 0.jpg.html]Image

I come home sunday night .Going back down tomorrow to finish the rut out ,I wanna be there when it happen's.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Very nice set-up n area fer yer huntin n camping
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
frisky

Post by frisky »

Nice looking setup. You, walk the creek to get in....I have many deer walk the SAME trail that I walk in on. Maybe we have dumb deer?? :lol:
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Ya got a great looking spot Steve-Wish I was there hunting with ya-Haven't seen anything as I've been out 5 times so far this year but it's all good as they say!!!!
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

frisky wrote:Nice looking setup. You, walk the creek to get in....I have many deer walk the SAME trail that I walk in on. Maybe we have dumb deer?? :lol:
The deer are smart they walk in the sand in the creek.I walk in the water all the way to my stand. :lol: :lol: