Cocking 380 Matrix Noisy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Riflemanz

Re: Cocking 380 Matrix Noisy

Post by Riflemanz »

I bought the pkg from wyverncreations for $779.
I like the BE arrows 20" and 2219 magnums tipped with 100gr Rage or Rocket heads.They fly perfect just like a field point!The 355 is easy to cock too!You don't need no ADF because your going to put an arrow on it after cocking it! :mrgreen: The 355 is light and small which is great for treestand hunting.You won't be disappointed!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Welcome to the forum. Should have offered them 1/2 price for the old beat up 380 then sent it to Excalibur to get it fixed under warranty! :roll:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Riflemanz wrote:You don't need no ADF because your going to put an arrow on it after cocking it!
Are you saying that the OP is never going to have fun shooting targets or sighting in the scope or sighting in when a string is changed or other equipment gets replaced?

Outbackrider, get one or don't get one. Your choice just know the pros and cons.
Pros;If you have a dry-fire while sighting in or adjusting your scope after changing strings or arrows or whatever. When shooting at targets for whatever reason there is a small chance to dry-fire your bow. If that happens you are out of commission for a week minimum and will incur some costs.
When you get an anti dry-fire you are buying insurance.
Cons;It costs $80.00 and adds a bit of weight to the center of the bow.

Riflemanz, please explain to everyone why you are advising against the anti dry-fire unit. Perhaps I've missed something important.
Last edited by Boo on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTW, another good person to buy from is Danny Miller. You can get extra stock strings and Flemish strings at really low prices as well as get a very inexpensive version of a string stopper. He is the go to person in the US if you have a problem.
Outbackrider

Post by Outbackrider »

Thanks again for the insight. I am thinking maybe go the 355 route
And get the accessories, like REDS and the ADF upgrade..
Thoughts?
How would I get in touch with Danny Miller ?
Thanks again..
Boo

Post by Boo »

Outbackrider wrote:Thanks again for the insight. I am thinking maybe go the 355 route
Thoughts?
Thanks again..
Wise decisions! 740 483 2312. He might even answer the phone tomorrow.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Outbackrider wrote:Thanks again for the insight. I am thinking maybe go the 355 route
Thoughts?
Thanks again..
I love my Matrix 355. I installed my Leupold VX-I 2-7x33mm scope using Leupold Rifleman detachable low rings. I chose to forgo the ADF, I personally feel it is not needed.

I called up Danny Miller @ (740) 483-2312 for his $25 version of the R.E.D.S. Also added the cheekpiece.

I changed out the 4 each scope base screws for better set of #20 Torx head 8-32 hardware.

Andrew
Last edited by yooper_man on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I got to watch an ADF make a simple hunt very complicated.
It is not for everyone, thank goodness for choices.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I like to keep it as simple as possible.
The less stuff on my 355 the better for me.
I have adf on my ten point Titan.i like my 355 better.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Normous

Post by Normous »

Sometimes the wheels in the cocking aid get squeaky, especialy a worn one.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
NFH

Post by NFH »

Boo wrote:The 355 will not shrug off a dryfire like it's older, longer limbed cousins. Anyone want to guess which model has the highest limb warranty of all bows? Anyone want to guess why?
I put one on my 355 and have not seen an issue in using it. No harm in not having it as long as you understand the consequences when the dryfire occurs.
What happened to:
"Most of our traditional limbs could go hundreds of dry fires before they failed. The new Matrix limbs handled even more. No, dry fires have never been a big problem since our limbs could normally handle it.
So, you ask why the anti dry-fire? Well, since most of our 1% limb returns were caused by dry-fires, if everybody installs a guardian on their crossbow that will reduce our limb warranty to become almost non-exisitant."
quote by Excalibur Marketing Dude on the "other" forum.

I realize this quote both contradicts Boo on dryfires and reinforces his opinion on adding the ADF on to 355s. I am curious if this test was run with REDS or without. I do agree that a shorter stiffer limb would seem more prone to damage than a longer less stiff limb but this quote was one of the reasons I went with the 355 over the 380. I like my hunting bows to use the K.I.S.S. concept.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

The ADF is simple, doesn't add much weight at all and is a safe guard for the inevitable dry fire...if you shoot enough, you will eventually have a dry fire. When you do, it may not be the limbs that are affected, it could be the string, scope or other components that take the abuse. I would never suggest, especially to someone new to crossbows, that the ADF is unnecessary or a hindrance.

For the M380 IMO it's is absolutely necessary, I would tend to think excalibur would concur and that's why it's standard on every bow. I can't possibly fathom any reason to not put it on an M355 other than you don't want to re-sight in the bow or can't justify the price tag. After deer season, I plan on retrofitting all of my older model excals with the guardian.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits