Re: faulty cocking aid

Post by one shot scott »

No prob doing it that way.

It's just weird :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

First off not accusing or saying you did this.

But I have seen a common mistake where the first time cocking a bow with this method.

Hooks are attached to string but not looped to the groove in the stock the string is over the rail to the opposite hook this would cause the rollers to touch the rail.
Tenpoint Matrix
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

If we had an issue like this in New Zealand we would go back to the retailer and give them the opportunity to sort the problem before featuring on YOUTUBE !
Lucky-Dog

Post by Lucky-Dog »

post all the bad crap you want. it doesnt bother me. well i know it would be better not to but this is one of the biggest reasons i bought an excalibur. i did my homework and when i realized i was buying from a company that wasnt afraid to have an open forum and i didnt hear any more bad things than what i do now and what ive heard in the past then i knew they had to be a good company. its hard to find many manufacturer open forums that roll like this one does.
i hope you get your problem fixed.
Matrix Cub
Montec CS 100 grain
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Had to watch the video, seems like he is doing everything correctly. Unless it was a floor model and it happened before he got it by another consumer.
I do not know.
I hope this gets sorted out by the OP, not fun having a scratch on a new bow. Far better ways to deal with it than the method he chose though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

contacting excal or place of purchase is the better place to start asking questions........ video on youtube was probly the worst place to start, imo
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

The video does not cleary show the pulley scraping the rail. I'd like to see a pic or a close up. on my exocet, the plastic front part of the hook seems to rub the rail a bit, probably when de-cocking, but there is no mark on the rail. Maybe the camo'ed rail is more susceptible to scratching? mine is the exocet with powder-coated/painted aluminum rail.

Frustrating but I am sure that if a defect with the cocking rope or the bow, excalibur will do the right thing.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

In the video he says Excalibur told him he was cocking it wrong. So it sounds like he did talk to them prior to making the video.
Tenpoint Matrix
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

O.P:

I hope you understand that the person you spoke to deals with a high volume of calls, and they are giving you the best advice that they can based on issues with past customers who have been using the cocking aid incorrectly. I would speak to them again, offer to email the video if need be, and be firm (not rude) in getting the point accross that you have been using their cocking rope and using it correctly.

It would still be helpful if you could post a picture or your aid. Is it only scratching one side?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

And I wouldn't make a smart ass remark about warranty only being as good as the paper it's written on when you talk to them. Its in your best to leave that out if you actually want help.

Same goes for asking for help on the forum too.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We have been doing this a long time and when it comes to issues with products there are some things that are no-brainers and marks on the rail after using a rope cocking aid is one of them.

We have sold thousands upon thousands of rope cocking aids and the design is such that is impossible to mark the rail if used correctly. The rope acts as a cushion between the pulleys and the rail, we use the same diameter rope and the pulleys are made on a CNC machine so there is little room for error. If the hooks are placed on the string without the rope properly routed through the groove molded into the stock the edge of the pulleys will cut into the rail and leave marks like shown in this gentleman's video. He is doing everything correctly in the video but somebody somewhere did it incorrectly leaving the unfortunate marks.

We try to do the best we can to look after warranty issues but if the problem is user error we can only do so much.

Peter
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

It's not hard to have the rope cocker drop in behind safety with out noticing and that would result in a scratch.
Tenpoint Matrix
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Dereck wrote:In the video he says Excalibur told him he was cocking it wrong. So it sounds like he did talk to them prior to making the video.

those videos need to be closed caption so us deaf people can "hear" what is said :!:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Sure glad mine is not scratching the rail. I would have to buy a new rail and old rail would bug me like the spare trigger did and start collecting used parts to build another new one. I sold a spare stock three weeks ago just to stop myself from building again. :lol: :lol: :lol: