faulty cocking aid

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: faulty cocking aid

Post by maine hunter »

Dereck wrote:It's not hard to have the rope cocker drop in behind safety with out noticing and that would result in a scratch.
x2, i have done it a few times, it's a easy thing to do.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

It sure looked to me as though on the one side of the riser he hooked onto the string from the top and on the other side he hooked from the bottom.

If so, that could cause alignment issues. Maybe the rope cocker was assembled wrong, with one hook pointing up and one pointing down..
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
strum

Post by strum »

i love the way he makes one post everyone replies and he is gone :shock:
at least the guy that beat Excalibur out of a scope came back and let us know
how much he liked it
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
massbow

Post by massbow »

Has anyone noticed this guy only has one post!? just sayin
Team 355
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Last visited: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 am
Total posts: 1
Give him time. Has not been very long.
strum

Post by strum »

awwww wheelie you ole softy 8) :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
strum

Post by strum »

I spent a little time this evening before I went out trying to recreate the issue..
its not possible unless you hook it in a manner that the handle is in between the rail and hook..then when you pull it the hook will make this scratch..
I think Peter is right on with his call..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

For everyone who wants to see exactly how this bow was cocked, search "Excalibur cocking aid scratches" on youtube; then you can let me know what I'm doing wrong, as you can see it is clearly the bottom roller on the left hand side that is faulty; I've had a few friends examine it and they all come to the same conclusion as myself. Anyone ever see the Parker Deluxe model? little better engineered cocker in my opinion...
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Hi5 wrote:It sure looked to me as though on the one side of the riser he hooked onto the string from the top and on the other side he hooked from the bottom.

If so, that could cause alignment issues. Maybe the rope cocker was assembled wrong, with one hook pointing up and one pointing down..
both hooked from top, look again..
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Downunder wrote:If we had an issue like this in New Zealand we would go back to the retailer and give them the opportunity to sort the problem before featuring on YOUTUBE !
the only reason it is on youtube was so that Peter Balfour could determine what I was doing incorrectly, after several e-mails, not trying to be malicious or anything, just want to fix the problem before it escalates..
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Deerstalker wrote:I can not understand how the rollers can contact the rail on your Equinox. I have the same crossbow and my rope comes down the side of the rail and through the rollers and out to the handles on each side with the hooks over the top of the string. When I cock the CB the rollers on each side are 1/4" away from the rail again on each side. There is NO WAY that the rollers can come in contact with the rail. What is the exact method that you are using to cock your CB and where do you see the contact???
wanna trade rope cockers? mine is a LOT closer than a quarter inch away, in fact, the bottom roller on the left side follows a groove perfectly up the rail LOL!
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

Dereck wrote:In the video he says Excalibur told him he was cocking it wrong. So it sounds like he did talk to them prior to making the video.
Of course I contacted them first, this is why I put the video up, so they could tell me what I was doing wrong?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

email sent
"Eze 18:21"
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

the only reason it is on youtube was so that Peter Balfour could determine what I was doing incorrectly, after several e-mails, not trying to be malicious or anything, just want to fix the problem before it escalates..
In the video you are cocking the crossbow correctly however, somebody, somewhere did it wrong. There is no other way to get those marks on the rail. Below are some photos to illustrate this, they are not great but give you the idea:

The rollers are almost flush with the plastic housing on the edges. You can go for Parkers version but I find them clumsy. The original style cocking aid like us and many other manufactures use has proven to be a good setup. Simple is always better.

Peter
strum

Post by strum »

schrona1 wrote:
Dereck wrote:In the video he says Excalibur told him he was cocking it wrong. So it sounds like he did talk to them prior to making the video.
Of course I contacted them first, this is why I put the video up, so they could tell me what I was doing wrong?
it would help if you posted a pic of the roller you are speaking of..
if im understanding you correctly ..your roller is misaligned or sticking out in a way that's doing this...why not try putting a piece of blue tape over the scratch and see if when you cock it again it scratches the blue tape?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony