Rage Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Beech

Rage Broadheads

Post by Beech »

Got a Matrix 380 and it didn't like my Thunder Head 100's . so i bought some Rage Crossbow 100's and they shoot dead on. I have never used these heads I was just wondering If anyone uses them and how they work on deer ....
Pydpiper

Re: Rage Broadheads

Post by Pydpiper »

Never had the chance to tell. The Rage open in my quiver as I walk, so when it comes time to hunt all I see is dysfunctional blades where broadheads once sat.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I put a protective dental rubber band on them so they don't open in flight. they fly like field points. Shot two doe in the past month. Perfect shots, 36 yards in one case and 39 yards in the next (exocet 200); both pass-throughs. The first deer went 20 yards before expiring. The second deer went about 20 feet.

So....aside from the price....I like them.
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

They are good if they open properly. I have had them fail though. My brother lost a turkey and i lost a doe. That was enough for both of us to go back to fixed blade broadheads. I have no complaints about flight, they do shoot like field pts, but its the deployment you have to worry about. My thoughts i have never had a fixed blade broadhead fail me and shot opportunities are too few and far between to not trust your broadhead to do the job. Just my two cents worth.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
nutmegjailer

Post by nutmegjailer »

THe last 2 deer I have shot have been with the Rage Crossbow 125 grain. Alls I can say is WOW!!!!! Best blood trails I have ever had they were devastating...
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

New ones have a collar.They open just fine out of my matrix!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pydpiper wrote:Never had the chance to tell. The Rage open in my quiver as I walk, so when it comes time to hunt all I see is dysfunctional blades where broadheads once sat.
:lol: @ the description, not at the fact you paid good money to have "dysfunctional blades". That's the one reason why I have not spent my $ on rage. On the bright side it sounds like rage is finally starting to address the issue.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

In my situation I didn't pay, sorta.. I got them as part of a trade.
I put the second band on a couple yesterday, they may just be a bit too snug now, time will tell.
For the last year I have been using the Rage X-treme, it is the one with the plastic collar, it is a way better approach than the bands, bigger cut and they look downright sexy..
The second band was no easy task, getting the band over the first cutting blade cost me a few bands, little buggers fly off to nowhere land, in a hurry.
Rage is one of those things that are either hated or loved, I have a few so I will give them a go..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have 2 rage xbox heads left. Once again the buck I shot on Monday resulted in another lost arrow. :(

I am making the switch to nap spitfires when I use these last two rage heads. I am impressed with the spitfire design and they have a great reliable track record. The nap and rage practise heads shoot exactly the same out of my 355 so the transition will be easy.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

i'm on the fence with mechanicals.. i missed one at 20 yds and i think it opened early. I'll stick to fixed blades.
massbow

Post by massbow »

fixed here
Team 355
Fishous

Post by Fishous »

They work fine as long as you make a good shot.

They are designed a little bad in various ways. I whacked a few deer with them before discovering their weaknesses. I don't use them anymore.
Mike
Excalibur Matrix 355
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

If your using the new crossbow heads with a collar make sure you position the collar so the tabs at the bottom of the blades are tucked inside and you won't have a problem.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Shot a few deer with them. Two opened early. I got lucky on one and unlucky on the other. Fixed from now on. As was said earlier shot opportunities are too few to waste. Also, on the ones I did recover, the blades were trashed. Too much $$ for a "disposable" head for me.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I never liked the 2 blade Rages because its still a slice instead of a 3rd or 4th blade cutting through flesh and bone. I've killed 13 deer with the Rages I think 12 have been with the 3 blade Rages. I switched to the Slick Tricks last year because I got tired of trying to change the blades out of the Rages with not much luck it started getting pricey since I try and kill about 3 to 4 deer with bow and xbow. The 3 blade Rages even though they're 1 1/2 cut a bigger hole than that and the blood trails are very good if you're shot is in the boiler room. I always used dental bands and never hand any premature openings with the 3 blades. Good luck with your decision.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads