Toxic Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Toxic Broadheads

Post by DaveShooter »

Anyone ever use these Broad heads with their crossbow?
If so how do they fly or workout for ya?
Saw them on their web-site today.
DaGriz

Re: Toxic Broadheads

Post by DaGriz »

I did a lot of testing with them late this summer They shoot great hit same point of impact as field tips Tough as can be. After shooting them at whole beef steer and road killed deer I have to say I was really impressed. They make a wound channel you can damn near see through. I had the opportunity to shoot a big (157lbs dressed) deer with one yesterday Shot was 22yds right behind front shoulder, classic perfect location got complete pass thru and when I hit it , it knocked the deer off it's feet, It quickly got up ran 35yds and piled up Blood trail was like some one has thrown gallons of blood on both sides of the trail.
Broadhead was just like new when I found it and cleaned it up

Only one downside, they raise real havoc with a target The hole they leave is like a big auger drill bit went through the target.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

I wholeheartedly agree with DaGriz. Saw an ad in some hunting magazine and looked at their web site. Also, there several demo videos on Youtube. Took a doe 3 weeks ago, she made it 45 yards and piled up. This morning, I shot a button buck at 20 yards and he made it 37 yards according to my rangefinder. Blood everywhere, went through 2 ribs entering and 2 on exit. Fly out of the Vortex just like field points. I also had to shoot one at my target and as Darrell said, it did a number on it. Like coring an apple. Same for the deer. Best price I could find was from Broadheadquarters.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I've been looking at those for some time now and watching at some of the Youtube videos I'm glad to hear that people are having really good succes with them I guess I'll have to purchase some and try them out on a deer.

Thanks for the input
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Here's one of many listings on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flying-Arrow-To ... 3a84d28802
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Thanks all for all the input on these BH's- I thought they might be a winner I called and talked to one of the Gals at the place that makes these heads today. She told me for next year they are coming out with one for crossbows and that a person can use the same regular head that is out now as well with crossbows too.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i shot s small deer this year with one to see what kind of blood trail it would leave. dropped the deer on the spot. so no blood trail . but i truly didnt see any better wound area than any other head i haved used was going to try it again but lost nerve to do so there was hardly any blood shot a deer the other nite small button buck dropped this one blood every where 100gr ramcat i believe it left a bigger hole just my experience with these heads i have one left might try again they do fly good and they do tear up targets
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am hopin to put it to the test this mornin. I have the Toxic on my arrow fer the hunt. I will use it on my next shot, leavin here at 6:10 am fer my Hang-on stand
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

vixenmaster wrote:I am hopin to put it to the test this mornin. I have the Toxic on my arrow fer the hunt. I will use it on my next shot, leavin here at 6:10 am fer my Hang-on stand
Hope'n ya have some luck
Cherokeeson

Post by Cherokeeson »

vixenmaster wrote:I am hopin to put it to the test this mornin. I have the Toxic on my arrow fer the hunt. I will use it on my next shot, leavin here at 6:10 am fer my Hang-on stand
Have great hunt and report back when ya' can...
Equinox (Exodus) - Vari-Zone - Big John Custom Arrows
Swhackers, Mangus Stingers
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
—Albert Einstein
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Ordered some yesterday to try out its going to be hard to beat the Slick Tricks
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads