New crossbow in the making?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

schrona1

New crossbow in the making?

Post by schrona1 »

I was inquiring about purchasing the Matrix 380 today, was told by the owner of the business that he was at a seminar that stated they are making a faster crossbow yet; capable of 400 fps, they are in the process of perfecting it. Is this rumour or is there some truth to it? Don't want to spend 1200 bones on something that will soon be outdated like my Equinox is now.. I need two crossbows, as my wife is getting interested in crossbow hunting now. My Bear crossbow needs parts but it's like finding hen's teeth.. For now, I can use the Equinox, she is stuck with the rifle LOL!!
Last edited by schrona1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
awshucks

Re: New crossbow in the making?

Post by awshucks »

I can't see a 380 being out-dated. When Excal wants to bring out their new stuff we'll all know, lol. In the past, 380/355 excluded, that's been at the ATA show[s] in Jan.
"Eze 18:21"
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

awshucks wrote:I can't see a 380 being out-dated. When Excal wants to bring out their new stuff we'll all know, lol. In the past, 380/355 excluded, that's been at the ATA show[s] in Jan.
Don't know how much truth their is to it, he was saying their dropping a good portion of the lineup, everything will be 18 inch bolts, no more 20 inch, just asking cause I was curious as to whether his conversation held any water...
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I owned the Equinox "The Beast", but sold it to purchase my Matrix 355. Power between the Equinox and Matrix 355 is pretty much splitting hairs. I wanted a more compact platform for ladder stands, permanent hunting blinds and easier for my daughter.

No way is the Equinox outdated. Too me no extra power is required.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I can't see them getting off the 20" arrows, too many guys/gals shoot them. I'm sure they will jockey the line-up some if they do bring them out.

One thing about new bows from Excalibur, they run them thru the wringer a year or two before selling one of them........Dunno about the new hands :?:
"Eze 18:21"
schrona1

Post by schrona1 »

yooper_man wrote:I owned the Equinox "The Beast", but sold it to purchase my Matrix 355. Power between the Equinox and Matrix 355 is pretty much splitting hairs. I wanted a more compact platform for ladder stands, permanent hunting blinds and easier for my daughter.

Andrew
very valid point..I bet the 6 inch shorter limb length is quite noticeable?
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

schrona1 wrote:
yooper_man wrote:I owned the Equinox "The Beast", but sold it to purchase my Matrix 355. Power between the Equinox and Matrix 355 is pretty much splitting hairs. I wanted a more compact platform for ladder stands, permanent hunting blinds and easier for my daughter.

Andrew
very valid point..I bet the 6 inch shorter limb length is quite noticeable?

Yes, the Matrix 355 is a sweet package. I had my Equinox when I bought my Matrix 355 and the shorter width and length was very noticeable.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Fishous

Post by Fishous »

Most companies are always working on the next new thing. Not surprising at all.
Mike
Excalibur Matrix 355
Archerhunter

Post by Archerhunter »

I do not know about the future but if you want a great hunting crossbow that will do the job the matrix 380 does it very well. I have my matrix shooting a 375 grain bolt at around 365 ftps and it is plenty fast and have taken two does already with it. If you want to get a good deal on one try ebay I purchased mine for $850.00 there new in the box.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

There is no doubt they are going to retool some of their machines to get caught up and keep up on orders for the Matrix series bows. Makes me laugh when I see used bows for sale for as much or more than you could get a Matrix for. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Xbowkiller wrote:There is no doubt they are going to retool some of their machines to get caught up and keep up on orders for the Matrix series bows. Makes me laugh when I see used bows for sale for as much or more than you could get a Matrix for. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After Jan. it's going to be hard to sell a max or nox, no one going to want one, i'm sure excal is coming out with some surprises.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

I say bring on the new models, and make'em faster!!! Not that I'll buy one but all the speed freaks will want/buy them and will sell their so called obsolete Excal's at a very cheap price. Been thinking bout getting a 200# model so new faster models will make these used models go for cheap. The main advantage I like with the Matrix models is the shorter limbs. But with more speed, you have more wear and tear on strings. And with more poundage their is more wear and tear on you, especially as you get older. Myself I like the middle line models shooting 300-330 fps. Good speed, long string life and still easy to cock. In my opinion, I'd say the best all around Excal in production now is the Phoenix model. It has everything needed to take down any North American game animal. If I were hunting Africa, I would want one of the 350 fps or more models. I know I got off subject but I don't think that any of the Excal models will ever truly be obsolete.
Proverbs 3:5-6
lvt01

Post by lvt01 »

I have to disagree with the more wear and tear with the Matrix 355. I can't say how many arrows I've shot out of it....probably close to 350-400+ and have the same flemish string on it and doesn't show much wear on the serving at all. I thought the same thing that they were going to eat servings for lunch, but thus far it's been pretty easy on them. I'd compare it to not much different than my Ibex was. Overall, I've been pretty satified with the bow and really don't miss the Ibex. Heck...I've hardly picked up my old brown Vixen since I got the Matrix and that Vixen is one sweet little bow to shoot.
lswoody

Post by lswoody »

lvt01 wrote:I have to disagree with the more wear and tear with the Matrix 355. I can't say how many arrows I've shot out of it....probably close to 350-400+ and have the same flemish string on it and doesn't show much wear on the serving at all. I thought the same thing that they were going to eat servings for lunch, but thus far it's been pretty easy on them. I'd compare it to not much different than my Ibex was. Overall, I've been pretty satified with the bow and really don't miss the Ibex. Heck...I've hardly picked up my old brown Vixen since I got the Matrix and that Vixen is one sweet little bow to shoot.
So you ready to sell the Vixen?
Proverbs 3:5-6
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Andrew
Right on Andrew as I do whole heartedly agree with ya!!!