Shooting Bench

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Raymond

Re: Shooting Bench

Post by Raymond »

rayman wrote:I built a new one behind the house for rifle and xbow. Needs a little more work to be finished but time has been an issue. Dug post holes as deep as possible and put in 4 - 4*4*8 PT packing them very firmly on 2.5 by 4 ft squared. Put in shorter 4*4s further back and made platform with 2*6 4' wide and 6' long. Table is made with 2*6s and is at perfect height for fold-out chair. Aint got no give to it at all. Plan to put varied notches in a 2*6 for the forearm/barrel to rest in, and rig it so it will slide back and forth so you can find the right notch. Small sand bag in the back and solid as a rock. Or that's the idea anyway. Definitely not portable though. Will try to get picture. :)
I would like to have a look at this one also.
Thanks,
Raymond
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

I was out shooting with my daughter yesterday practising for the upcoming Michigan youth hunt on Sept 21-22.

Here are some pics of a bench and bags I bought from D.O.A. Tactical http://www.doatactical.com/ a veteran owned company and dog-gone-good bags http://www.dog-gone-good.com/, both are made in the U.S.A.

Andrew

2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Nice set up yooper man. That all looks great and very portable.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

flightattendant100 wrote:Nice set up yooper man. That all looks great and very portable.
Thank you and its fully adjustable for all heights. Perfect bench for my daughter and I.

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well I was wanting something portable, fairly light, but steady to shoot from. I have a plan for a gate leg table that would work great and was headed in that direction, but you would still have to have a chair. Just for grins I looked on Craigslist Dallas and a guy had this bench and wanted to trade for crossbow accessories.He is now the proud owner of an Excal non-fitted crossbow case and some Horton arrows, and I have a new shooting bench! YEAH!!!! I dont know if the Excal case will make his Horton bow shoot any better but it has to lend a little class to an otherwise classless bow. :lol: :lol:
I never cared for the non-fitted cases(triangular shaped ones) as I think they are a pain to get your bow back in out in the field without getting dirt, grass, broomweed, etc all in the case with it.The Horton arrows were part of a trade in the past sitting in the old arrow bin.
We are both happy and I guess thats what counts.Image
Guess I had better take the packing off of it now, huh?
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I plop my Lead Sled onto a picnic table. Neither portable nor elegant, but quite sturdy, plenty of room for cases and quivers and toolboxes, and even room for.....lunch.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Home depot
folding plastic top table. Back in the wall paper area of home depot.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.